Turner Summer Ski Slalom Boards

Moderators: Peggy Turner, Christopher Bara

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

"Do You Still Ride Your Old Turner?" What happened

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:21 am

OK, you're all wondering, "what happened to the topic?"

Well, there's something wrong with SS.com. Y'all know i'm a moderator, right? One of my maintenance tasks (along with some others) is to read most posts. In doing so I look for DUPLICATE posts. One of the jobs we do is DELETE such duplications. There's no need for it and it's a task I've done now for three years.

Last month there was a duplicate post in the ROCKY MOUNTAIN forum. As per my usual routine I deleted one of the two. Next thing I know, the ENTIRE topic disappeared! Well, I apologized immediately to the Utah folks and they were very understanding. All is well.

Well, tonight PSR posted a note to Adam about the importance of getting some neoprene grommets on his foam core Turner. It was pretty straight forward and some good information. Unfortunately, Eric some how double clicked his "submit" button and double posted.

I did what I always do and VERY CAREFULLY clicked the "delete post" button (something I have as a moderator and you don't have as a registrered used EXCEPT for your own posts.) I was asked if I was sure I wanted to delete the POST and said "yes."

Next think I know the entire topic was gone!

Now I'm second guessing if I made a mistake last month with the Utah folks.

Whatever the cause is of this malfunction, it will get fixed. I'm beginning the think the hacking issue goes deeper than we first thought and probably happened earlier than first assumed.

Oh, the topic is backed up to a certain point. Dave, Chris' and my pics of our vintage boards are in the back up. Probably some of these posts related to Adams' efforts to grip tape his board MIGHT be gone. I'm not certain of the frequency of the back up routine. So don't panic and go all nuts about SS.com falling apart or censoring topics or some other flight of fancy. There is a problems and eventually it will get repaired.

Oh, y'all will probably start noticing some duplicate posts. You'd be surprised how many I delete in the course of a week before you ever see it. As I will not be doing it at all until the problem is fixed, you might see them more often. Oh, well.