Turner is still the best

Turner Summer Ski Slalom Boards

Moderators: Peggy Turner, Christopher Bara

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

Post by Bob Frias » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:52 pm

I know that many guys are digging the new gear from Roe and Pocket Pistols but I'd like to postulate on the virtues of Turner.

When I first stepped on one [Thanks GBJ], it was a weird sensation. The deck seemed to feel a bit small. And this is coming from a guy who first slalomed on a G&S classic! Nonetheless it felt weird to me. I felt like I may fall off of it anytime during my ride. This made me wonder what all those guys were yappin about. It didn't seem like a winner to my feet at all. I really didn't get a chance to adapt to it at all. And frankly I don't think I would have bought one had it not been for TK and a deal that we made privately. He offered me an earl'y 90's black & green cut-away. I had lusted after Turners as a possesion but never thought I'd get the hang of one at all. I got the board and stared at it a while. I didn't know how to set it up so it took some time before I even tackled the job. I had a set of small pivot Fultracks that I got off eBay and strapped em on. Thanks goodenss for friends on ncdsa. I didn't know how wedging worked but got replies on the subject and was able to get it right the first time.

This was before ABEC 11 Stingers or La Costas so I set it up with OJ Superjuice at first. It was a great ride buy not as fast as I'd hoped. The OJ's were the culprits of course. Then ABEC 11 and Turner came out with their wheels and the rest is history. I bought a Blackbird off Adam {our wionderful host], and I was hooked on Turner for life.

I'm interested in your first Turner experiences guys. I like hearing how others get enlightened I guess.

Bring it on.

BoBo

Lauren Gordon

Post by Lauren Gordon » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:36 am

Hey,
I believe turner is the best and will always be the best. And their is nothing anyone can do about it!
hehe
Rock on! :grin: