Headworx??

Turner Summer Ski Slalom Boards

Moderators: Peggy Turner, Christopher Bara

john scott

Headworx??

Post by john scott » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:56 pm

The UPS man just delivered to me a yellow Turner Cutaway I purchased from an individual from out west. It has a different shape from the white one I got earlier this year. It's not as wide and the sides are straighter with a more prominent nose. My BIG question is: just below the surface towards the rear it has the words "headworx" inlaid into the board. Therefore it had to be done during the manufacturing process. It's very faint and hard to see. I'm no expert but I've never heard of this, if anyone can fill me in here I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks in advance!

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:16 am

John...sumpin' sounds weird! Any chance of a pic or 2???
ENJOY!! (while you can)

john scott

headworx??

Post by john scott » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Dave,
I don't know how to post pix on this site, I'll try and snap one or two and email directly to you if that's OK with you. Can you post them so others can see? Or if anyone else will, let me know and I'll email to them for posting. Again, thanks in advance!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 pm

If you email them to Wesley Tucker he'll upload them for you.
I would do it too, but I'm on a business trip.
Unless you have a website (FTP) on your own onto which you could upload the pictures and then link to them from here, there is no way for you to upload images yourself here. That would be good though!

The Turner decks that were made by some British guys living in Biarritz, how were they marked? Maybe that's what you've got. They had an agreement with Turner to carry on the tradition. I don't know what ultimately came out of it. Dan Gesmer of Seismic has a few of their decks. He should also know their contact details. But first of all, he should be able to check any similar markings on the decks that he has. Give it a try.

/Jani