Turner repair ????

Turner Summer Ski Slalom Boards

Moderators: Peggy Turner, Christopher Bara

Bruce Brewington
Wall Street Racing
Wall Street Racing

Turner repair ????

Post by Bruce Brewington » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Kids..I have a quick question to the people who might know. Over the weekend, my carbon-fiberglass cutaway turner cracked/delaminated along the side near the tail, in front of the truck, where all of the weight bearing stress is located. Can this be repaired by using fiberglass cloth along the edge, or is the structural integrity of the board shot ??? To the best of my knowledge this is only carbon-fibre cutaway in existence (TK had a full nose model at one time)..so should I try to fix it, or leave as it is and use it as a "wall hanger" ?? Out of all the turners I have owned, this one had seemed to be one of the best ones that I have ridden. In advance, thanks for your help... Gilmore ?? Tucker ?? Tiger ???

bruce

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Bruce,

My experience is the board is done. Once the fiberglas (or carbon) in any way fails the foam underneath loses its integrity. You can patch and rewrap but it's going to be around foam that's been stressed and probably cracked.

The other issue is any sort of repair means adding more glas, epoxy and maybe carbon cloth to the board. Guess what? Do all that and you've got a board with a completely different flex and torsional response. In other words, it's no longer the board you remember.

BUT

On another note,

If you really like that board maybe you should talk to Geoff Hitchcock about what he's doing in England?

http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=7004

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

it can be repaired bruce.
take your time and send me a few pics first.
we might need to reglass the board and put new carbon underneath too.
if you want send it over to my address,we know how to fix it

send me a pm...

Bruce Brewington
Wall Street Racing
Wall Street Racing

Post by Bruce Brewington » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Hey Wes and Donald, thanks for the input...
bruce