RoeRacing in the News

Roe Slalom Boards

Moderator: Gareth Roe

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

RoeRacing in the News

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:49 pm

I was surfing the internet using "slalom skateboarder" in a couple of search engines and found the below story at the "Puget Sound Business Journal"

The story is about RoeRacing and is a informative insight into the attitude of a slalom skateboard enthusiast, manufacturer and someone who actually cares about the sport.

Click on the link below...

RoeRacing Slalom Skateboards in the news

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

Post by Gareth Roe » Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:18 pm

The article that Adam is referring to ran in the Puget Sound Business Journal earlier this summer. The reporter, who is roughly my age, could not believe that there were guys in their 30's, 40's, and even 50's who were racing skateboards at such a competitive level.

It was kind of unfortunate that the reporter didn't have too much time to put the story together. I really wanted him to talk to all the other manufacturers and some of the pros from back in the day for their perspective on what is going on right now. But a deadline is a deadline. The piece was written on a Saturday and needed to be in to his editor by Tuesday evening for Friday's paper. As a result, I did not have a chance to read his story before it ran and he completely misquoted me on several important issues. For instance, the Red Bull quote. Not True! I have been working with the local Red Bull marketing people for almost 15 months on getting them involved with sponsoring a slalom race here in Seattle in conjunction with the Skid Road Downhill event.

In the end, I was very happy with it because it was seen by a lot of people and was great exposure. Not only for RoeRacing but more importantly for slalom skateboard racing. See, with out Slalom Skateboard Racing there is no RoeRacing!

My main objective has ALWAYS been to grow the sport FIRST and sell the best slalom skateboards available SECOND! It has to be in that order or our sport won't survive.

There is another article that will be running in one of the local papers here in the next couple of weeks. When that comes out I will put up a link to it as well.

One last thing - Both of these articles are the result of Chris Raezer's hard work and marketing efforts. Chris spent a lot of time contacting the local media and wrote many press releases that alerted everyone to the fact that there are "old men on skateboards racing through cones and having the time of their lives!" Thanks Chris!

Later-
Gareth

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gareth Roe on 2002-09-17 12:28 ]</font>