RoeRacing and Insect

Roe Slalom Boards

Moderator: Gareth Roe

Phil Song

RoeRacing and Insect

Post by Phil Song » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:21 pm

Hey, I'm relatively new to slaloming and was checking up on both board brands. Exactly what is the difference between these two companies? Do they produce different boards or just different names? Material/construction difference? Are they brother companies? A bit confused....thanks.

-PhiL

Rich Stephens

Post by Rich Stephens » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:28 am

The board shapes are different and the Insects are longer and not exactly as slalom-specific as the Roe. I believe the guy who makes Insect, Steve Hopper, also makes the Roe decks.

Steve Hopper
Insect - Roe Skateboards
Insect - Roe Skateboards

RoeRacing and Insect

Post by Steve Hopper » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:36 am

Phil,

RoeRacing and Insect are essentially a partnership. Though technically different companies, we operate more or less as one entity. The main difference between the lines is that RoeRacing makes strictly slalom boards and Insect makes primarily longboards. There is however some overlap between the longer RoeRacing boards and the shorter Insect boards.

Construction methods and materials are essentially the same since both lines are made right here in the same shop. The main construction difference, other than shapes, is that RoeRacing uses carbon fiber and Insect does not (except by special request). There are other tricks of the trade that vary between the two lines, but I'm going to keep that under my hat.

In a nutshell, RoeRacing boards are designed for slalom racing and the shapes, materials, and construction have evolved specifically for that purpose. Insect boards are designed for performance carving and cruising. That said, the Insect "GS/City Bomber" is one that crosses the line and does both. Though originally designed for urban street bombing, it has also found a home in the slalom scene.

Hope that clears up any confusion. If you have more questions, feel free to contact me directly: <a href="mailto:steve@insectskateboards.com">steve@insectskateboards.com</a>.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Hopper
Insect Skateboards
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:08 am

Might I add that I've dealt with Gareth when Roe first began and have loved his decks and own several! And recently pryed my hands free of an Insect to Chris Favero and he's loved every ounce of it! Do yourself a favor and deal w/ these guyz!!!!!
Top quality and customer relations second to none!(that doesn't sound right) You know what I mean
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Phil Song

thanks

Post by Phil Song » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:43 pm

thanks, clears up a whole mess of confusion. I think I'm going to pick up a RoeRacing crossfire ps or unlimited ps as a slalom specific board and a Insect big bug or pintail for longboard crusing.

-PhiL

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Roes for Germany

Post by Heiko Schöller » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:22 pm

Hi Steve

Today I got a call from my fright forwarder. Next week I get the Roe decks that you guys made 2 weeks ago. I can´t await to get them...Have a nice weekend. Best regards from Germany. Heiko
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:33 pm

Guess I should clarify..The Insect was a token from Insect as prize for the M.S.S.S so It wasn't "pryed" and the Roe deck were 2 hot tickets given be the ever generous Gareth and Steven!!! I support these guys whole heartidly, for their top notch decks and for supporting us all!!!!!! Enjoy Heiko (I'm sure you will)
Dave G
ENJOY!! (while you can)