old unlimited VS new crossfire

Roe Slalom Boards

Moderator: Gareth Roe

Malcolm Stooke

old unlimited VS new crossfire

Post by Malcolm Stooke » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:48 am

can anyone elaborate on the differences between an older unlimited foamcore and a newer crossfire foamcore, assuming both boards are in good condition and the same flexiness.

width, length, etc, anything really that will let me see the differences

Paul Howard

Unlimited Vs Crossfire

Post by Paul Howard » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:54 am

Hey, I've owned both.

1st , the Unlimited is pretty versatile due it's longer length and longer possible wheelbases relative to the Crossfire. It can also have short wheelbases obviously too.

2nd, the Crossfire(like the Bullet) has a wider rounder nose and wider tail which results in more deck under your heels and toes(but not too much, I'm sure you will be able to have that all-important back foot toe-on-the-edge footing) which I like.

3rd, The Crossfire is shorter and blazes on the Tight slalom and I feel is a superior T/S deck(if not one of the BEST T/S foam core decks ever made) especially if it's the lower camber version. Unfortunately for me, my Crossfire was one of the early ones and was high camber which in and of itself isn't bad, but high camber just doesn't suit me and the way I ride.

4th, My biggest complaint about my Unlimited(foam) was that the nose did'nt have enough width to cover my big toe on my front foot and I felt that the back end needed to be wider. This is also due to the fact that I ride with my front foot toe more out to the toeside edge than most riders and maybe more forward than a lot of riders. I also put my back foot directly over the rear truck and in some cases slightly behind the back axle line. But it you ride with your feet closer together than this, it's a great deck/shape.

Both were VERY well constructed

I'm at work, gotta go, hope this helps, -Paul
I just dig slalom!