Pistol finish problem?

Pocket Pistol Slalom Boards

Moderator: Barret Deck

James Deiter

Pistol finish problem?

Post by James Deiter » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:48 am

I picked up a TS hybrid a while back and have only logged about an hours time on the deck and I have noticed two things.

The outside layer of epoxy (over the graphic fabric) looks like it is starting to pull away from the underlying layers. There are several large milky white areas appearing over the length of the deck.

The epoxie resin is pulling up around where the riser pads sit. I noticed this when I removed my trucks and risers in order to make an adjustment and the risers had sunk into and stuck to the resin. Some of the finished was removed with the risers.

Is this normal for these decks? Do I need to worry about the board delaming? I dont have a way to post a picture to the forum but I can provide a digital pick via email if it will help.

Many thanks,
Jim

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:01 am

Jim,

I'm not so sure that Barret Deck reads this forum with any frequancy. It is good form to direct problems with goods and services with the manufacture or provider first before going public. Drop Pocket Pistols Skates an e-mail and I bet that they will answer all of your questions and fix you right up with answers.

Thanks for visiting, looks like your first post.

adam

Barret Deck
SSS - Pocket Pistol Skates
SSS - Pocket Pistol Skates

Post by Barret Deck » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:19 am

James,
It sounds like you got one of the decks that had a new gloss coat we were trying. It shouldn't affect the boards perfomance what so ever it's just cosmeticly flawed. I'd like to see a photo of it just to be sure that is what's happening. I've yet to have any problems with decks delaminating.
Thanks Chicken

James Deiter

Post by James Deiter » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:38 am

Thanks for the response Chicken.

Adam: My intention was not to attack the quality of the deck, in fact it works great. I was simply attempting to find out if the wear that I am seeing is normal or not, at this point it appears strickly cosmetic. I simply have nothing to compare it to as this is my only composite slalom deck. I had a question and assumed that this was a good place to pose it as it is a dedicated slalom posting board. In all honesty I didn't feel like I was airing a problem on the forum before going to the manufacturer, I was simply seeking to find out if there even is a problem before bothering the manufacturer.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:40 pm

Take it easy James, I didn't say you were attacking anyone. Re-read what I posted, there is no bad in it.

Anyway, welcome aboard and thanks Barret for answering the question.

adam