C-Blocks

Pocket Pistol Slalom Boards

Moderator: Barret Deck

Noah Heinle
Noah

C-Blocks

Post by Noah Heinle » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:42 pm

For the last several months, I've been experimenting with different ways to shape my decks. I like to have a little lift under my front toe and I've been trying to find the right thing to wedge under my heel. I feel like it helps initiate turns quicker. I've tried mounds of duct tape, paint stir sticks, and shims from my creaky stairwell. The duct tape is heavy and makes the weight of the deck kinda lopsided, and the the shims and paint sticks are tough to place right and they really don't do much for me.

I just got one of new C-Block foam kits from Chicken and it's exactly what I've been looking for. It's an ultra light dense foam that is cut at an angle that allows you to make ANY amount of lift you want. Use a hairdryer to heat the existing griptape, peel it back, place the foam wherever you want, and replace the grip. Then, take a long sharp blade and cut the excess foam along the edge of the deck. For my first try, I just did a generic lip of concave. It was a piece of cake and looks perfect. The effect when riding the board is just what I want and now I have all kinds of ideas for making a full pocket for my front foot and canted kicktails. I just ordered a few more kits because you can really do anything you want with this stuff. It's cheap too!

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:33 pm

It comes in two widths, 8 or 12 bucks + shipping.