No response from Pistol

Pocket Pistol Slalom Boards

Moderator: Barret Deck

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

No response from Pistol

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:56 pm

Hey does anybody know what's going on at Pocket Pistol?.....I ordered some foamy's, griptape and bearing cleaner back on 5/13 and havent gotten it yet....

I wrote them a couple times and got no response.........not even to say they got my money

anybody out there??

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:49 am

Chicken dropped me an email and let me know he's had some problems with his inbox not receiving messages....these things happen......he's working on getting it resolved....patience...

nicoladichio

need for stuff

Post by nicoladichio » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:21 pm

can anybody tell how i can get a info about ordering stuff? i wrote two emails but nobody replied to them! what is wrong with the support?

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:58 pm

I'm guessing its an email problem. Chicken always answers pretty promptly.
Just to whet your appetite this was just delivered to a UK customer:

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Graphics

Post by Tim Robinson » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:46 am

You know .......... those pics are are great way to see just what these graphics look like. I was suprised how much darker my deck was to the website graphics examples and pics are a great way to show scale. Is there anywhere we can post pics of our decks to aid each other when ordering new ones? What about right here .... a Pocket Pistols Pic Post Page or 5P for short. How the hell do we post pics on this site anyway??

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 am

When you reply to a topic youll see a line of boxes, one of which says 'img' ...hit that and it will display the img tab. After this tab you must put the location URL of the image you chose to display. If the picture you wantto display is already on the web then you right click on it to display its properties, and the location URL will be in the list. Then you hit the the same box which now says img* . This closes the line of code you need. You could of course type in the tabs yourself.

I use photobucket to load my pictures to unless they are already on the web. Photobucket will dispaly you picture, and give you the option of cutting and pasteing the correct code to paste.[/img]

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Pics

Post by Tim Robinson » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:37 am

I thought there must be a reason people don't post many pics here..........Its just too hard. Shame you can't just upload a shot like the Silverfish site.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:32 pm

TOOHARD?

you must be kidding.

it's easy as it gets with michaels description.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:25 pm

Well I sorta agree.

Its not HARD to post pictures, but the ability to upload from your hard disc in one move would be nice, however it would probably lead to massive picture being uploaded so youd need to edit it to approx 450pix wide.

This site uses a generic open source format, and is free to users. As disc space costs money I see why its best to have pictures hosted on other servers.

Remember, the Silverfish is pretty commercial. The ads cost big bucks (I know) to get space on what looks like an non commercial site. I worry whether they are truly independant when they take ad dollars then review the very same products using their 'consortium'. To my mind Silverfish isnt one thing or another...

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Post by Tim Robinson » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:13 am

Don i'm sure its not hard once you have done it a few time but I think most people could not be assed with the process. I understand the cost problems. This site really is good for info but does not get the trafic that a site like the fish gets. I think Silverfish has its place and once you sort through the kids has some good info aswell. Motion longboards has a great review by them but i have never seen an add for them......They don't sell out.

Mr Surly
Mr. Surly
Mr. Surly

Re: Pics

Post by Mr Surly » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:03 pm

Tim Robinson wrote:I thought there must be a reason people don't post many pics here..........Its just too hard. Shame you can't just upload a shot like the Silverfish site.
Yes, it's a nice thing to just be able to upload pics. But it's super-easy to do. Here's a short
how-to on the subject. This regards using Photobucket, but the other photo hosting sites do the same thing.

Step 1: Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account. [free]

Step2: Add pictures to your account. Same as using the posting option at Silverfish, if that's
what your familiar with. Simple "browse" button uploads pics.

Step3: Once you've added your pictures, you can go back to you Potobucket account, pick the image you want to post, and copy the "Img" line.

Step4: Paste your "Img" line into your post.

Step5: Admire your newly acquired web skills.

I hope this helps someone.
.:PTBDHB:.

Dominik Kowalski

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:41 pm

Dude!
I was just asking myself that question!!! And I find your post, how rad is that!
Thank you very much Carl.... :)
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:08 am

Have you tried Pocketpistolsk8s@aol.com. Chicken is very busy, but he does respond to e-mail.

Keith, Teams Radikal & Pocket Pistols & Oust.

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Post by Tim Robinson » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:19 am

Carl thats a great bit of info you have put up there. It needs it own Page. I might try and start a PPS graphics Topic.

Mr Surly
Mr. Surly
Mr. Surly

Post by Mr Surly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:06 pm

Thanks, I emailed Jani about making some of these quick how-to's for the forum.
You should start a graphics topic for sure.
.:PTBDHB:.