Morro/Avila Pocket Pistol Race Boards...

Pocket Pistol Slalom Boards

Moderator: Barret Deck

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:48 pm

A small collection of Morro/Avila Pocket Pistols.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:57 pm

Swweeeeet

descriptions please, thank you

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:23 pm

I originally intended to ride my 36" Pocket Pistol with wide trucks. I never thought I'd ride it in tight or hybrid courses. I was wrong. I thought that a 129mm RTX or S and a 127mm TTC would be the ideal. I'm still yet to try that set up because the thing feels so right with a 106mm RTX and a 101 TTC. For SGS/bombing, I think the wider set up would be better.

Chicken drilled my board with 3 hole patterns - 22.5, 23.5, and 24.5. 22.5" feels great. It has the response and manuverability of a board in the 29" range. It requires a slightly wider stance, but once you figure that out, the board pumps like a muther. Because of the length, it's tougher to pump up to speed, but once you're moving in the 10mph range (i guess) it accelerates through every turn.

Get one.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:05 pm

Noah, I'm hooked after my first Pocket Pistol experience last weekend. What wheel base was I riding? Your rig is a super smooth pumping machine that hugs the cones on every turn with excellent traction. Thanks for the test spin. With a new PP, I can continue to drink beer, forget about practicing and still have a chance against the top east coasters. Now if I could just get out of the dog house, I could order one.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:14 pm

Mine is set up with the shorter, 22.5" WB. I'm yet to try any of the other holes....it feels too damn good. Get outta the doghouse and email Chicken.