PP is riding in Canada

Pocket Pistol Slalom Boards

Moderator: Barret Deck

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:46 pm

I recieved my 32" GS/Hybrid from Chicken yesterday. I can say that I am now in love with it. I have about 4hrs on it so far and it loves to go FAST. Indy offset in the back and rts in front with avalons and ousts. this board really starts to accelerate after you get up to speed ans loves to be pumped fast. The flatter and wider deck really makes it feel stable. This thing is solid as a rock. All I can say is thanks Chicken.

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:24 pm

OK, now that ive had this board for a while its time to give some impressions. At first I had this setup for fast carving style stuff and it was a lot of fun but the first time though cones I was dissapointed, it felt sluggish and didnt want to turn fast enough. Then I spent time tweaking it and now its FAST, even though the tight stuff, im using the 21.5" wheelbase with the offset in back. Im running it flat nd I have a rtx up front with the real blue and black hardcores. I have this setup pretty high to avoid wheelbite, I like to have the trucks a little floppy in the front and with the Avalons it was biting too often. I was running a 40 cone ts/hybrid course on this and my Roe bullet and comparing the two. 6- 7 foot spacing, medium pitch and great surface. My first time was around 12 seconds on the PP, and about the same on the Roe. By the end of the session I had the PP down to 10.3 clean and the roe was never under 11 seconds. I might have been the wheels too, avalons vs cabria`s. Or bearings, the ousts vs the bones red`s, but the pp was way faster. But it feels good doing 4 cones per second, espesially for a rookie like me. Chicken thanks again. I think I will have to grab another pistol in the future, maybe for next season.

And I would like to see some more reviews of other pistols......