model "Response"

Fibreflex Slalom Boards

Moderator: Debbie Saili

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:51 pm

I've set up a "Response" deck for my children's use on slalom skating days. Howard Gordon supplied some soft compound rubber bushings (one hole beaker stoppers) for the Independant 101mm trucks. This allows Jacob and Elijah to really turn the trucks and keep the wheels on the ground around the cones. I wedged the trucks and well, my boys really like the board. It gets used and is a good board for them.

In addition, for myself, I've a special wider version Response that I use from time to time for TS courses. It has a foot block and it is a slalom workhorse.

There has always been a G&S board in one of my quivers throughout my skateboarding life. These days, it's a Response.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2002-09-16 23:54 ]</font>

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Post by Debbie Saili » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:16 am

The regular response is great for kids! Now the big "kids" are moving on to bigger wider models.
There are some new things we are working on. New technologically advanced construction for the new shapes that we have developed, Which will be available in multiple colors! New fibreflex's for your quiver!

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:12 pm

Adam, what model/year are those decks, why is one of them so short? did u chopped it?

i have a response 3 ply (my only slalom deck) with 101 indys and 77a stingers. i regripped it because the decal on the top was just where i place my front foot and i was slideing thru the deck. now i move it to the back a little and it works perfect.

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:44 pm

It is a product of the lens of the camera. Take a look at the lines (my bed spread), the boards have similar wheelbase and lengths. It's a weird thing but the boards are similar, not chopped.

Yes, I re-gripped mine too for the same basic reason. I guess in a pinch you could take clear grip and cover the decal. Hopefully in the future, G&S will take a look at decal placement in regards to foot placement.
On 2002-09-17 12:12, Leonardo Ojeda wrote:
Adam, what model/year are those decks, why is one of them so short? did u chopped it?

i have a response 3 ply (my only slalom deck) with 101 indys and 77a stingers. i regripped it because the decal on the top was just where i place my front foot and i was slideing thru the deck. now i move it to the back a little and it works perfect.

leo

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:14 pm

i c adam, its that the new response "lite" that comes only in brown?

or is a special edition taht u have.

leo

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:47 pm

Leo, try directing your questions to Debs, she is integral to Gordon and Smith and she moderates this board. She checks in and will answer your specific questions about G&S boards.

I think it is better to ask the questions publicly, we will all benefit from them but you can also make a "private message" to her at the site.

Thanks for posting Leo, I am glad that we have a G&S forum for your interest.
On 2002-09-18 11:14, Leonardo Ojeda wrote:
i c adam, its that the new response "lite" that comes only in brown?

or is a special edition taht u have.

leo

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Post by Debbie Saili » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:28 pm

The bowtuff comes in just a few colors for the archery industry...and the last batch I could get my hands on happened to be a chocolate brown.

I am testing new materials for the newly designed models. So far things are very promising and they will come in lots of colors!

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Post by Debbie Saili » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:30 pm

the boards adam is showing is the regular response. If you go to the website http://www.fibreflexskate.com you can see all the shapes in the slalom section.
The GSlite is wider than the response only cutaway in the back and the response Pro is just a wider variation of the original response. I'm happy to answer any questions!

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:12 pm

thanx for claryfy this Debbie, we are eager to see new models and colors (red & black would be sweet)

leo
a happy response user

Matthew Wilson

Post by Matthew Wilson » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:21 pm

Hi, debbie. I had a question regarding the Response and Response Pro. The Fibreflex Web site does not provide suggested rider weights for the decks they offer. Can you provide that information for the above decks? I currently ride a Comet, and am thinking of trying out somethingthat is a little more lively.

Thanks for the help!!
slalom is good

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:54 pm

here are some pics of my Response

http://photos.latam.msn.com/viewing/alb ... j1wnBJAmCg$$

leo

RL

GS lite

Post by RL » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:59 am

love it!
cant wait to see the new designs and colors.
Last edited by RL on Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

FibreFlex re-issues and Response TS

Post by Sam Gordon » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:28 pm

Image Image

FibreFlex have always had a glowing slalom history that has been kept in the public eye in recent years by team members Siale, Attila, Sharon Sidlo and Paul Price to name but a few. With such excellent riders it would be healthy to see their efforts reflected in development of construction and consistency of availability. The brand's reputation alone should demand that the product reflects and amplifies the abilities of its team skaters.

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Fibreflex Slalom Boards

Post by Debbie Saili » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:34 am

I don't know what to tell you guys! I wait until I have enough boards ordered, then make a batch. The slalom market is small, but growing and thats the only way I can do it. This year was a tremendous down market over all in the skate industry, just trying to stay alive and use my money wisely on inventory that will move. I don't have much room for error. It's frustrating because I want to do so many more things than what buget allows.....if I don't get orders...it doesnt get made.

Hope you understand. Feel free to email me personally with inquiries or other questions.

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

requests and no decks....

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:07 am

Hi Debbie,

maybe we have a dead lock problem.
I have received about a dozend inquiries for G&S decks.
Most customers wanted the Response Pro and the famous G&S Lite.
Unfortunately I have to send the customers away, because you told me that they are sold out.

Regards, Joe

just a remark:
One of my skatefriends could fetch the last G&S Lite direct from you (what a lucky man he is) - this was just a very short time after I was told that they were sold out.

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Slalom Availability

Post by Debbie Saili » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:49 pm

Most of the decks were ordered by my Distributor in Germany and the UK.
And a handful of core slalom shops in the U.S. If there were any available after I was "sold out" it was because someone returned one or it was a second.

Sven Lippert

sticker placement

Post by Sven Lippert » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:29 am

i had the same problem like leonardo with the sticker placement on my cutaway reissue - and solved it the same way - maybe debbie hears us and puts the stickers mor in the middle.
debbie please ....

Sven Lippert

response

Post by Sven Lippert » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:17 am

Hey Debbie,

Congratulations for your response - I have one since three weeks - sure you remember - I already had a few great sessions down in Berlin and was familiar with the board up from the first turn - I switched to the longer wheelbase after the first session and now it works good.
good job Debbie .....

cheers from Berlin