Fibreflex 2004

Fibreflex Slalom Boards

Moderator: Debbie Saili

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Fibreflex 2004

Post by Sam Gordon » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:21 pm

This is taken directly from the Fibreflex news page, and considering discussions regarding the brand at the end of last year, is worth copying here:

News on the Re-issues and Slalom decks..Target Date was FEB 1st.
30" Teamriders, Attila Reponse Pro, Price FreeRiders will be shipped to all prepaid
customers in 2 weeks! Sorry there is a little lag, but two weeks is not far away. Hang in there!
If you havent pre-ordered to secure one of these models you can still do it! They are going fast.
ProSlalom, Classic Slalom and others will follow soon after.

Picture: Paul Price Freerider courtesy of longskate.com

Fibreflex have kept their promise, produced a quality product right on time (in business terms) and are looking after the customers in the best way possible. That's good news for 2004!

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Slalom Model Availability

Post by Debbie Saili » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:27 pm

Just an update for this forum....
There will be a few extra slalom decks left over from the pre-paid run. Feb. 15th I should be able to start shipping the 30" Teamrider Re-issue, The Attila Response Pro, and the Paul Price Freerider.

If you are interested in one of these decks, you better get your order in! You can order right off the site or call our retail line tollfree: 1-866-310--2654. You can also check the fibreflex site for more info.

fibreflexskate.com

March 1st I will have some other models available depending upon orders I receive for those within the next few weeks.

Thanks for your support guys!

RL

Post by RL » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:46 pm

Any Teamriders left unclaimed?
Last edited by RL on Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RL

fibre

Post by RL » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:46 pm

Deb what colors are the decks coming in?

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Availability & colors

Post by Debbie Saili » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm

Yes! I have 25 Teamriders that are UNspoken for. Also, a few paul price Freeriders and Attila Response Pro's. Colors are black and white, sorry no hershey bars this year. =) Again the URL is

http://www.fibreflexskate.com toll free retail line: 1-866-310-2654.

Thanks again for your support for Fibreflex!

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Paul Price Freerider

Post by Sam Gordon » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:37 pm

Having been away for a while, I returned home last night to find the floor littered with nothing but bills and junk-mail.
This morning the neighbour knocks on the front door and says, "these packages arrived for you:"

Schmanggggg:

Ahhh; Fun-mail!

Thanks Debbie, www.sk8supply.com and Clingfilm at the UKSSA for picking up the start of the week!
Last edited by Sam Gordon on Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debbie Saili
Fibreflex

Sold Out

Post by Debbie Saili » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:37 pm

everyone-thank you all for your support. The decks are all sold out.....=)

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

My new Freerider just arrived!

Post by Paul Price » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:15 am

I just got my Freerider in white.

It looks great and I am looking forward to some happy pumps!

Paul Howard

FibreFlex comparison

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Hey Paul P. , I also got a Freerider in the Flex #1 stiffness and have done some redrilling to fine-tune it. I've also got a G/S Lite Flex #1 from last year and it seems more responsive (maybe because it's shorter) for tight than the current Freerider does for hybrid (sorta flexier and not as much instant return) and I know that they're using a new epoxy but also they've laminated the fiberglass top and bottom to their adjacent wood layers flat before laminating those in the camber mold with the other plys. Since you've got older Freeriders to compare with the newest model I'd like to know what you think. I really like my Freerider but I'm curious about the changes. e-mail me at bird041167@yahoo.com or respond here, Thanks - Paul Howard
I just dig slalom!

Paul Howard

FREERIDER STUFF

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:15 am

Hey! Just so noone thinks I'm dissing on the new 2004 lamination on the Freerider I've got, I really like it but with it's "flexier, sorta spongy" feel compared to my 2003 GS Lite, I find it to be a good "defensive" board on the steeper fast hybrid courses. It's not neccessarily better or worse, just different.Does anyone else out there with 2003 and 2004 models of the same boards with the same flex ratings have any observations on this factor? Thanks - Paul Howard
I just dig slalom!

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

Post by Paul Price » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:10 pm

Hi, I find the new boards torsionally stiffer than the older versions. I am very pleased with the way they perform. Cheers dude!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Very proud!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:45 pm

Very proud that my best friend and skate buddy since 1977 has a Pro Model!

Paul Howard

Free Rider Flex #1 /GS Lite

Post by Paul Howard » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:47 am

This is LONG overdue but better because of it. I've been riding my Freerider and GS light for roughly 1 year and they're riding great. I don't race on them as they have a smidge too much camber for my liking to race on and my foam cores are too spendy and dialed in to want to practice on day in/day out. My Fiberflex's are my workhorses, with their wood cores and bow-tuff fibreglass I doubt they will get "mushy" or have any problems anytime soon. I did put split clear fiber reinforced tubing on the noses and tails for protection agaist collision delaminations for insurance. I ride a flex #1 (the flexier versions) and I weigh 165 lbs. If FiberFlex/G&S would lower the camber I'd probably race on one as well. However, I'm quite happy with them for routine heavy use slalom training decks. Thanks Deb and everybody! Paul Howard
I just dig slalom!