What start of a slalom career

Discussion Forum
Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

What start of a slalom career

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:46 am

After the slalom event in Stockholm the other week one of our team pool riders for our skate shop (Coyote Grind Lounge) was stoked after seeing som giant slalom at the Swedish television. He wanted to give it a serious try. He got a nice raw setup with a black Sk8kings Axe board and some Manx wheels. The setup was great and he was so happy. He practiced day and night with his 12 brandnew cones.

3 days later when he got off the bus he somehow slipped and the board went under the bus. The bus started off and ran over the board. And not only that. The bus litterally ate it up and only spitted out half a Manx wheel. That was all that was left when the bus went away. The board must have got stucked in the wheelhouse somehow. What a start of a slalom carreer.

I will get a photo of that half Manx wheel for you to see. Not an everyday sight.

P.S. To avoid depression he quickly got himself a new slalom setup. Only had one Axe in stock though so he had to put together a new one. Let's see how long that will last...

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:21 am

thats a really rough break, hope everything works out for him. I've had my fair share of cars devouring boards.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:39 am

<center>
The half wheel that the bus spitted out...
</center>

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:07 am

Give that kid 30 cones I'll pay for them.
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:33 pm

Latest news from this little adventure...

The Axe board has been found!

It is a very special board so if it was found we would hopefully get to know about it. And yes, we were right. Today a little boy came in to the skate shop and saw our new AXE board we had got in. He said to his friend... "Hey look! That's just like the board I found!". My collegue overheard him and asked more about it. Apparently the bus finally spitted the board out on the road somewhere. And this boy just happened to be the first to get his hand on it. He promised to come in with board. It had taken some hard hits. I'm just waiting to see it again. I'll see if I can't get a photo of the board.