Happy New Year 2004!

Discussion Forum
Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Happy New Year 2004!

Post by Chris Eggers » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:59 am

Hi everybody,

I do not have much work as the moderator of this forum, so I want to thank everybody for the last year which is coming to an end now. Thank you for the discussions and fun.
I think slalom skateboarding is here to stay and I am excited what the 2004 season will have in store for us.
I am also sorry for not having participated too much in the forum lately, but I had a lot of work moving and getting my mind ready to become a Dad by April 2004.
I really hope we will meet in many races and gatherings during the time to come and wish everybody the best for 2004.

Chris Eggers, Germany

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:14 pm

Thanks for checking in Chris, salutations and a hug for the new Eggers family addition to be.

Best to your family.

adam

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Happy New Year!

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:06 am

Happy New Year to all my friends in the slalom world!

2003 was a pretty hectic year for me with plenty of competitions starting off with the Paris World Cup in last May, the launch of ConeRacing.com (an online retailer for slalom equipment in Europe, primarily France) and not least a lot of hours spent on the forum. It's been great fun and sometimes very tiresome. With slalom racing all starting up again (I've been a slow starter compared to some of you) and there have been many opportunities to act upon. After trying to be everywhere I have now found a kind of balance which doesn't take up all of my time and leaves a little bit of time for work and family.

I'm looking forward to see and talk to you all in this new year. The race season in Europe 2004 will start off pretty strong with 4 or 5 events over the first two months of summer (May and June). Hopefully that will spread the word about our sport and get yet more racers interested and active.

New year promises:

1) All prior slalom issues will eventually be published on this site, for all to enjoy.

2) The current "static" part of this site will eventually be disassembled and put aside. The forum has turned out so well there is no reason to maintain a separate front page. If I have time and the right amount of motivation I might turn the frontpage into some kind of portal thing which reflects the activity in the forum. There are a couple of add-ons for this forum which would allow us to post a kind of news thread which would display in a similar way to what we have now and could be updated by more than just one person. That might be the way to go.

3) More of my photo collection of racers and memorabilia will be published. But it takes time, so be patient.

4) Paris, May 2004, I won't race. Sorry Vlad, we won't get a re-match there. But we got our picture in ConcreteWave. It would be hard to get yet another 2-page spread!

5) Sandbagging will only be used when necessary.

Now, continue (or get ready to start) your new year's parties. See you all here soon again!

Best Wishes!

/Jani

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:34 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for the forum!

Jani! Rematch! In Moscow! Be there!

I'll see if I can get a two-page photo of (all of) us at the Red Square in some 15 million circulation.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:54 pm

New Year’s resolutions?

Almost all last year’s ones were fulfilled. Bo-ring.

1. Send the Italian to the back of the pack.
2. Get a seven nine.
3. Get the Cup.
4. Attend 3 Euro comps.
5. Make more then spend.

There. Impossible stuff. Unboring.

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:15 am

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Is that a pic of Dalv fruit booting?

My new years resolution just got burned....(drop the homo-phobia)

Oh, and the other one, quit the fags,.... again....

Sorry Vlad, had to let OUR secret out.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:20 am

6. Put frootboarders to shame on skates.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:32 am

Moderators! Wake up!

Put this avatar of Vlad in the trashbin. This is a slalom skatebord site, isn't it?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:16 am

7. Beat Corky in GS. On a skateboard.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:51 am

1. Not enter a GS with Vlad around. That way I can keep my scalp intact. :)

This will unfortunatly only hold until Paris World Cup in May. Then I will probably loose both my new year resolution and the scalp. :(

Happy new year Vlad!