Skate cars

Discussion Forum
Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Skate cars

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:34 pm

Skaters have always had a great relationship with their cars (after all, you can't skate to a contest, can you?) and I thought this thread could be the place to display a selection of them.

Here's one seen at the European Championships 2003. If I'm right it belongs to Shrek and Angelina, two of the best downhill racers in France. Shrek is also doing pretty well in slalom (I think he was 4th in Paris 2003) while Nina had to avoid slalom last year to heal her wounds from last years snowboard season.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Now, this is a skate car...

Post by Jack Smith » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:01 pm

Ahhh Jani, you made my heart skip a beat when I saw your "skate car" forum. Man, was I disappointed when I saw it was just a "skate car".
Just kidding.

Here's a photo of my "skate car" and a link to a page on the Vetter site that has more info in the car.

Look for a "skate car" challenge in 2004.

Click the link below for more info.

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Skateboard_page.html

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:38 pm

Death Taxi

[...snipped]I remember Tommy driving the sled to Waikiki to see some band. He ran every red light, drove on the sidewalk, and illegally parked outside of the Pink Cadillac for a little pre-show action. We never made it to the concert, it was too much fun dancing, drinking at this disco with all the tourist girls. At the end of the night, we had meet some professional skaters, chatted with some known surfers and jammed back in the sled for the 45 minute ride back to base.

Sneaking past the military guard was difficult to say the least but we somehow managed EVERY time. I remember one time we had just surfed a big swell after getting back from Korea. We were all lit up and I somehow got the duties of driving because I was still seeing straight. The guard asked me to pull over behind a line of cars and I said "oK" no problems and saluted. It was a standard "drunk check" for every car coming into the base. We pulled over and then pulled out driving really slow. No one seemed to notice us leaving and that is how it went.

HERE is a link to the rest of the story.

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:49 pm

I wanted to see skatecars, too.

Here's more pix of Jack in the Vetter skatecar.

Image Image

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Re: Now, this is a skate car...

Post by Adam Trahan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:00 pm

Jack Smith wrote:Look for a "skate car" challenge in 2004.
Jack, would you be willing to start another thread in the "Off Topic" forum on "skate car" so that I can follow the thread there?

I am definately interested in more of this and I have some ideas for my own skatecar. There is one out here in Scottsdale that I may be able to find and finish or I'll just make one of my own. I'm definately interested and a project like this could take months to build, practice and be ready. The more heads up, the better I am prepared to race and give a good challenge.

Thank you Jack Smith.