Are you an old school skater?

Discussion Forum
Paul Graf

Utah.. beyond Donny & Marie

Post by Paul Graf » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:17 am

trish erickson wrote:Salt Lake definantly was not a hotbed for skating. Land of Moutains, mormons and moab!
Whatya mean???... you guys/gals had Rocky Mountain Surf Skatepark!!! , which skated BTW. It had cool bunch of snakeruns and a wooden halfpipe to boot.

Plus Wild World of Skateboarding (WWS) ran a big article on skating at Moab. WWS was the magazine that catered to the KOOK in all of us. At least you guys got some coverage, St. louis never did back then.

paul

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Chi Ill Rocks Walmart

Post by Marty Schaub » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:49 am

Chris,

Wore the Freak Brothers Racing shirt on my Wal-Mart run this morning. I LOVE the looks that thing gets.......

Better yet I love explaining to people that I race SKATEBOARDS not cars. I get even better looks with that one.....
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

I Got Yer' Old School Right Here . . .

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:05 am

I don't think I've ever posted these online before. Some people saw them when I brought them to Boston three years ago.

Anyway, this is my bona fides for being VERY old school. The first is Bobby telling me in March that he'd love to sell me a board:

The second one is in August when after six months of aggrevating the hell out of everyone in Del Mar, Tommy Ryan finally just decided to give me one of the damned things:

Finally, this is the only pic I have of me on my "Tommy Ryan Turner." This was March 1979 and the board broke in early 1982. I remember I completely dissected it to see all the layers of glas, foam and resin deep inside this mysterious and magical machine:

R.I.P.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Tucker made me think......

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:28 am

Does anyone ever know what happened to TR? Did he just fade away back to the fishing boat?
La Costa Boy For Life

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Prizes!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:32 am

If anyone can answer the "who is it" question in my avatar from bottom to top, I'll send you an old 70's "Rampage" sticker that I found in a box in my garage today.

No hints, just keep guessing and I'll let you know if anyone gets it right. La Costa rocked....
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:44 am

Tommy is living in Las Vegas and owns a landscaping/lawn care company. He gave up tuna fishing for a living some years ago and moved to the desert when an opportunity to make some really good money presented itself.

He came to a few events in 2001 and 2002 in California. For the most part, though, he skates occassionally around his neighborhood in Vegas and has a few secret spots somewhere up in the mountains where he goes every now and then.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

BTW WT

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:23 pm

Wes,

Was that deck a yellow bottom too? If so I remember TR riding it at La Costa many times.
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Marty,

Yep. And the nose was a little dinged when I got it, so I knew it was a team board.

trish erickson

SL skate scene

Post by trish erickson » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:13 pm

Hey Paul,

Your right. I almost forgot about that skatepark. My parents moved us to the cute, little Heber valley about the time my brother and I got into skating. We didn't get much skate time because they didn't want to haul us such a distance! (1 hour) I remember the snake runs! Ok,Ok, I kinda was a"poser"! I wasn't a very good skater. I just thought the boys were cute! Hey did you ever teach skiing in Park city? I remember a "graf" that was an insructor there back in the mid-late 80's.
ts

Miguel Marco

Re: Prizes!!!

Post by Miguel Marco » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:06 pm

Marty Schaub wrote:If anyone can answer the "who is it" question in my avatar from bottom to top, I'll send you an old 70's "Rampage" sticker that I found in a box in my garage today.

No hints, just keep guessing and I'll let you know if anyone gets it right. La Costa rocked....
Steve Sherman, Henry Hester, Mike Williams, Stacy Peralta, Marty Schaub and Paul Hoffman.

Paul Graf

Re: SL skate scene

Post by Paul Graf » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:27 pm

trish erickson wrote:Hey Paul,

Your right. I almost forgot about that skatepark. My parents moved us to the cute, little Heber valley about the time my brother and I got into skating. We didn't get much skate time because they didn't want to haul us such a distance! (1 hour) I remember the snake runs! Ok,Ok, I kinda was a"poser"! I wasn't a very good skater. I just thought the boys were cute! Hey did you ever teach skiing in Park city? I remember a "graf" that was an insructor there back in the mid-late 80's.
Hi Trish,

We were all "poser's" at one time or another. I was not a ski instructor. I only skated that skatepark one day with my friend during the summer of '81 while on vacation with my parents. I rememeber the locals being mad at us for some reason and wanting to fight us.

paul

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Winna!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:57 pm

Miguel,

PM me your address and I'll send off the sticker. See, I knew all it would take is a little incentive......

Joe & Wes.....I am sooooo disappointed. Which one of you guys guessed Biniak?
La Costa Boy For Life

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Big Photo Magic

Post by Andy Bittner » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:23 am

It wasn't the incentive that I needed, it was a bigger picture. I couldn't recognize Williams or Hoffy in the avatar sized image, and I really have no recollection of Mike Williams as a G&S member or of Hoffman being a slalomer, so I wouldn't have ever suspected that's who that was. Now that I know and look at the avatar image, I can clearly see that it's Mike Williams, but Paul still could been anyone.

Chris Chaput
Abec 11
Abec 11

What's Old School?

Post by Chris Chaput » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:59 am

What's an Old School Skater and how does one join up? What if you're a Retro Team Rider - does that qualfy you?

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Qualifications

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:51 pm

Chris,

If you rode clay wheels for years

If you freaked the first time you saw Cadillacs (remember they're made from oil.)

If you rode a pool before 1976

If you would read your new SkateBoarder cover to cover BEFORE you checked out your brothers newest copy of Penthouse.

These my friend are a few of the things that grant you automatic inclusion into "Old School."

Consider yourself included......
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:11 pm

chris,did you get to keep the uniform?
i rember when pigs started showing up in shops that somehow RR's,acs and bennets started showing up in JCPenny and when skating started to fade,like any retailer,they blew them out on sale.i was a pizza maker at the time and spent a whole paycheck on that stuff.
wish i still had it.the skateshop i went to as a kid is still open,it is called the Homewood skateshop.i'll be by my folks for xmas,i have to venture in there and see if it has changed much.by me in eveanston is tom thumb(owned by AWH)that place is a trip too,anyone need copers and rails,power pivots,i think they raised them to two dollars now.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Chris Chaput
Abec 11
Abec 11

I think I May Just Squeak In

Post by Chris Chaput » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:35 pm

So, if I had saved up all of my vast earnings ($7.00) in 1974, got ready to go E.T. surfboards in Hermosa Beach to buy some of the new Cadillac Wheels ($1.75 each) only to find out that there would be an additional $0.42 because of the (then 6%) California Sales Tax and had to wait until the next week, broken hearted and depressed, would that qualify me?

Why is that guy on the right always stealing my fashion sense?

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Yes you qualify

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:58 pm

Oh yeah you've qualified.

Mine was saving 25 bucks by working for my dad and having my mom drive me to PB Surfshop to get my Bahne fibreglass, only to find that they had raised the price to 30. However having the ULTRA cool mom, she floated me the 5 dollar check (plus tax).

God. I rode that baby blue wonder to death.

OBTW, Bertleman's got you beat on the shoes.
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Re: Yes you qualify

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:13 pm

Marty Schaub wrote:Mine was saving 25 bucks by working for my dad and having my mom drive me to PB Surfshop to get my Bahne fibreglass, only to find that they had raised the price to 30. However having the ULTRA cool mom, she floated me the 5 dollar check (plus tax).

God. I rode that baby blue wonder to death
Did someone mention a Bahne? How about a tired, old, worn out workhorse that delivered on every promise in those SKATEBOARDER ads?

I really don't think I've stepped foot on this board since I got my first FibreFlex in the summer of 1976. The Bennets stayed here and the FF got new Trackers. I picked up the Bahne one day about 15 years later and the hangar and half the baseplate fell off. The other one is cracked. The Bennett plastic just died in the heat of my parent's attic after a few South Carolina summers.

Oh, talk about primo: check out the custom CHERRY WOOD 3/8" risers.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:12 pm

Did someone mention Bahne Slalom trucks?

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:03 pm

Does having witnessed Pierre Andre and Jean Marc Freestyle (and slalom) debuts qualify me?
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Joe Iacovelli

OLD SCHOOL?

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:21 pm

All right boys and girls,

Being old school means showing up at the premier Old School event of the year. First weekend in August, 30 minutes north of New York City, the Vintage Class Race. Wheels, trucks, and boards need to be 1978 or earlier and yes there is an equip check.

It's part of the Farm Race. This year we ran our dual hybrid and the vintage class on the same course. Keith Hollien got was faster on his 1978 set up. I don't think there is another event like it.

So if you are old school, show up. You get extra points for a Leif Garret t shirt or having been an actual Z boy. Please remember, while powder blue polyester might seem like a good idea, it melts on impact.

Our 2006 race will have a seperate class for the plastic grentec type boards

Joe

(Big shout out to Wesley T and the Schuabster for rocking the vintage class in 2005.)

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Memories

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:30 am

The Farm 5.0 Vintage race was THE highlight of 05 for me. I threw together and old FibreFlex (the one I used in the picture racing Sherman in SkateBoarder mag), a Gull Wing, a Tracker and some borrowed RR 4's. Pulled some old stuff out of the closet and it was ON!!!!!

However I would like to see an equip check in 06, there was none in 05. Let's keep it pure.

And great, now I have to buy an old Makaha or Gren-Tec too.

I'm bringin my sumptin sumptin and will beat Iacovelli again......
La Costa Boy For Life

Mike Farrell

Post by Mike Farrell » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:45 pm

I spent the Thanksgiving weekend at my moms house, and dug my old board out of the garage {the only one left}. After not skating since 1981, I had the bug again. I bought some new Kryptonics and I was off. Well the old Sims super ply was about dead. I was stoked when the local shop had a reissue Alva board. To bad somewhere along the line someone decided it was a good idea to change the truck mounting pattern. So with some new trackers I was set. I was surprised that I did not suck to bad after all these years.

Now I ride my new long board everywhere, and am having a blast. I now have the slalom bug again, and a box of trucks, wheels, bearings,bushings that I have put together. Here is a pic of the old Sims, trackers and a good set of German bearings. I just found a NOS set of Kryptonic C-36 wheels and will put together a vintage slalom board with either the Trackers, or Bennett's if I run across any.

And my Christmas present to myself.

Robert Hollett

Post by Robert Hollett » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:41 pm

These are great, love the pics. I havn't heard the term beardsweeper in at least 20-25 years.

I have one for you

might be old school if the first demo you ever saw was Skitch Hitchcock in the Sears parking lot riding for Hobie.
Proud member in good standing of both <A HREF="http://www.teamgeritol.com">Team Geritol</A> and <A HREF="http://www.grippysgoonsquad.com">Grippy's Goon Squad</A>

Mike Elwood

Post by Mike Elwood » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:16 am

I got this movie from Solidskate.com called Downhill motion. Great stuff from about '75.
John 3:16

Chris Chaput
Abec 11
Abec 11

Post by Chris Chaput » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:50 am

In Downhill Motion, did you happen to notice the guy spinning on his head and getting a bald spot at La Costa?

Glenn Cole

Old School....Can I joion?

Post by Glenn Cole » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:32 am

Would getting cool new prototype Amber PR Logan 5's count towards being old-school? How's about putting them on the brand-new G&S HH slalom for a trip to the Cherry Hill NJ - park that cost a week and a half's pay ($2/hr!), then crashing on the 1st run of the day and dinging the virgin-fresh board and a broken wrist? How's about being smart enough to KEEP the board (and orig. never-mounted RR6's) for 25+ yrs? Can I get a member card now? This thread was a LOT of fun. Thx to all who contributed. Have NO idea how to insert a pic here......[/img]

Chris Chaput
Abec 11
Abec 11

Post by Chris Chaput » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:52 am

You have to have an image that's on a server connected to the internet, and then specify the name of the image when you post. Select (highlight) the filename and click the Img button above.

The text above is actually an image of text that's out on my server.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:54 pm

I went to Sportskool and saw his video on assembling a skateboard, after gleening no useful information from that I decided not to watch any more clips. Sportskool is a great idea but needs to improve its scripting to be worth watching.

Mike V. is cool nice guy but would be even cooler if he had useful information to relay- not his fault- it is the producer/directors fault.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

OLDie but Goodie...........

Post by Rene Carrasco » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:40 pm

=================================================

BELOW: 1976 - L - R..... -Leif Garrett and Rene Carrasco getting ready to race in the
Palmdale Slalom Skateboard Championship scene in the Motion Picture 'SKATEBOARD'.

The racer behind Leif is Richard Vanderwick (-L.A. Wheels Team ), and the racer behind Rene is
Chad McQueen (-Malibu Coasters Team ) - actor Steve McQueen's son !

Photo: Courtesy of Universal Pictures.

Take care,

...............-Rene 'Cannonball' Carrasco.

http://WWW.RENECARRASCO.COM

Thanks PhotoBucket & SlalomSkateboarder.com !

=================================================
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:19 am

Rene,the beard looks good.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

FAVERO'S ~ RESTAURANTS !

Post by Rene Carrasco » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:43 am

========================================

Chris -

Thanks - - -
I can't believe it - everybody likes the beard & mustache !

- - - how's the restaurant business ?

I really hope you will PROSPER IN THAT !

Here's that cartoon again - ha !

-say hello to yer SuRFiN' buddy for me !

Take care,

..................................-Rene Carrasco.....................................

=======================================================
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:45 am

This is a board that brings back alot of memories. LoganEarthSki Torger Johnson, Bennetts, Road Rider 4s, Japan Bearings.

Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws/Pavel Skates.

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Re: I Got Yer' Old School Right Here . . .

Post by Hans Lucas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Wesley Tucker wrote:
Finally, this is the only pic I have of me on my "Tommy Ryan Turner." This was March 1979 and the board broke in early 1982. I remember I completely dissected it to see all the layers of glas, foam and resin deep inside this mysterious and magical machine:
Well, then I guess you like this:

It still works great (I used it last Sunday!), although I almost broke it long ago by simply hitting a curb. Never used it since then, until 2 weeks ago; I enhanced its stiffness by mounting an aluminium strip....

For 20 years I thought it was a Sims, until Joe Iacovelli told me this is in fact a Sims/Turner deck.

Also, I mounted ("slow") Rollerbones and ultralight Midtracks. I gotta get used to this board again...

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Pretty Funny!

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:54 pm

Hans! i find it pretty funny that you and I purchased the same decks years ago. My 1st. real Slalom deck was the Quicksilver. Then I picked up a Greg Taie board, then it was a Sims Racing made by Turner.

The Sims colors are the same as yours. It is now a mini Slalom as it was run over by a car in 1981 two weeks before my 1st Canadian Nationals. I've redriled some holes and use for little groms some times with half tracks or mids.

Mr. Sims (Toms dad) sent me two to Vancouver as they still had a few left in stock. It was a tough few hours before they opened in Cali and the voice at the other end of the phone said yes I have a couple and will send them with my Team to Canada for you.

Finaly the tears stopped flowing. I started using my board to deliver as a courier for the downtown stuff as it was quicker and far less expensive. Within 3 years the courier business had walkers and bikers all over the downtown cores.

Someday I'll get some pics up for you. Until then I'm looking forward to meeting you in Paris.

Rene! Your art ROCKS MAN!

So proud to be an Honorary Carrasco Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Re: Pretty Funny!

Post by Hans Lucas » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:14 am

Claude Regnier wrote: Someday I'll get some pics up for you. Until then I'm looking forward to meeting you in Paris.
It's great to hear about your experiences! I wondered if I was the only one with such a deck, as in the past there were only a very few slalommers (and almost no place to practice) and nowadays most Dutch slalommers have stiff wooden boards.

I'm not sure if I'll compete in Paris (and/or Hannover and/or Amsterdam), because in the about 17 times I've been in Paris, I never could tame the TS track (or HS, GS) at the Troca, even though José gave me soooo many advices and finally even gave me his Quicksilver...
But hey, in the Netherlands I guess 'm the only skater who can finish the 2m TS tracks without hitting one cone. ;)

And to make videos of the races will make me happy, too.

Looking forward to the pics!

CU!

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:43 pm

I found this one ! Thats me ca. 22 years ago skating Donalds (yes...Pavel Donald!) local ramp !

maybe its a litlle bit old school ?! :-)

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:59 pm

damn I had forgotten the days when Chuck Taylors were high tech skate shoes. No wonder my ankles are shot
turns are fun....

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:04 am

Tony Peters wrote:damn I had forgotten the days when Chuck Taylors were high tech skate shoes. No wonder my ankles are shot
Tony--- I wouldn't skate in anything else! Chuck Taylors RULE!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:10 am

Got to agree with Cat, age is a state of mind. I was speaking with Wax the other day and his quote to me was " Age is overated " it is man, it is. On April 25 th I will turn 47 years young. My plans load up the X-Terra, Gumby included and go to Luna Slalom Jam, party with the RoadKill Crew. My 5th Luna, this ride has been awesome. Next weekend I get to skate with the Texas Outlaws in Dallas our first slalom contest in our Outlaw Series. Life is good. I have been blessed. I have love in my life, I know who my friends are and I allways am STOKED that I get to skate another day. See you at the races my brothers and sisters. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws/Pavel Skates.

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 am

Cat Young wrote:
Tony Peters wrote:damn I had forgotten the days when Chuck Taylors were high tech skate shoes. No wonder my ankles are shot
Tony--- I wouldn't skate in anything else! Chuck Taylors RULE!
I can't even consider it, but then I've folded my ankles so many times that I can't fit my ankles in a brace into a set of Chucks. That and they don't have enough cushion in the sole for me either but hey if you can pull it off more power to ya.
turns are fun....

Andrea Bonetti
Andrea
Andrea

Post by Andrea Bonetti » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:55 pm

When "kids" see you skating and scream all together "hey, you're doing the old style", and all of them come to look at you as you were a monkey at the zoo.....
:-( but at the same time :-)

// Andrea

Mike Lapsley

Post by Mike Lapsley » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:56 pm

My old school bona fides......

You know your old school when:

Your the first kid in school with Vans (in Georgia) 8yrs before "Fast Times at Ridgemont High " came out.

You were the neighborhood king of "nose wheelies"

Your freestyle contest music was Freebird

A 36" Sims Taperkick was a "long board"

Powerflex 5's came in four colors, and you had all four on one board.

You remember ACS 500's, Brewer Trucks, California Slaloms, Stroker, and Lazers

Banzai Aluminum boards

Actually bombing the snake run, BEFORE the locals turned it into a ghetto halfpipe.

Lonnie Toft and the Outragous Eight Wheelers !!

YOYO SHULTZ

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:24 pm

Yeah good old times....
Check out this really old Polaroid shot that every competitor got back then in.....lemme think....1984 I guess.
Münster Monster Mastership; outdoor skatepark

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Do you see that guy on the upper right side withe the blond hair and the black sweater? :-)
hi hi hi, that's me ! :-)
And do see a coping ? as far as I remember they had a really small kind-of-nothing wooden coping!
And the guy with the red t shirt and the yellow helmet sitting in front of all the people...that's Robby Buttner, 1st Santa Cruz Teamrider from the Netherlands.
He did very stylish BS airs.

btw, nice soundsystem on the judges table! :-)

Nice picture, YoYo!

YOYO SHULTZ

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Carsten Pingel wrote:Do you see that guy on the upper right side withe the blond hair and the black sweater? :-)
hi hi hi, that's me ! :-)
And do see a coping ? as far as I remember they had a really small kind-of-nothing wooden coping!
And the guy with the red t shirt and the yellow helmet sitting in front of all the people...that's Robby Buttner, 1st Santa Cruz Teamrider from the Netherlands.
He did very stylish BS airs.

btw, nice soundsystem on the judges table! :-)

Nice picture, YoYo!
Yes, you're right.
Lots of German oldschool / international legends on this foto.
I recognized Markus Keibel and Michael Neuss as well.

Gianluca Ferrero

...hi everybodies old & new slalomers streetcarvers free

Post by Gianluca Ferrero » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:13 am

Hi,Bros!...nice to read all we did in past and we still have in mind today.

Probably all of you remember Fusion decks too and TransWorld Skateboarding .in Europe we waited for it monthly and personally i was disappointed when it wasn't avaible.

In Paris 1978 EuroCup ,event sponsored by Levis's we had probably the best first euromeeting : from then on now it's euroskateslalom history abaible on http://www.coniskate.itwhere you can enjoy also some vintage areas with all the skateboard style.

As old time slalomer since 1977 for me remains a pleasure to remember also the sequences of Henry Hester and the incredible spinning in 360 of Carrsaco, Ed Nadalin and Martin Eggeling (Swi),passing trhrough Lonnie Toft 8 wheelles and Sims pure juice longboarding,Hobie Cat slalomboards,Turner slalomboard, but surely KRYPTONICS with C core 78 at the late 70 was the revolution in fripping the surface.....after we setted oj with a special conical wheels and YOYO wheels too.

All the skateable hills were in our minds and all our lifes were there till now...30 beautiful years with most of you friends ,living the crises of skateboarding but always working hard and after planned with Jani to try to let the sport back with slalom! mag and the born of ISSA to develope and let the others known and tought THE FINE ART OF TURNING AND PUMPING !

Keep strong the furure is coming ...Londra 2012 is not so far for skateboarding

good sessions to all of you

Gianluca
past President ISSA
Coniskate Pres

jerome boileau

Post by jerome boileau » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:06 pm

You know you are "Old's Cool" when ...

- you once used indoor volley-ball knee pads (over the tube socks)
Bevilacqua
Krypto fan:
http://sakaroule.blogspot.com

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 pm

jerome boileau wrote:You know you are "Old's Cool" when ...

- you once used indoor volley-ball knee pads (over the tube socks)
Hahahaha.......I did......man, they didn´t helped much.