Masters slalom?

Discussion Forum
Erin Riffel
Erin
Erin

Masters slalom?

Post by Erin Riffel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:32 pm

Ok so I'm really gearing up to make slalom happen for me....maybe I'm starting a little late just shy of my 50th birthday. All the same I hope to be ready for some mellow competitions by next year. I wondered if there were any categories for my old bones...of course I can't hope for a women's masters class but what about a masters class in general, do any of the comps have 'em? And yes its true I feel it is just slightly unlikely I can whoop the dudes in their 20's and 30's when it comes to running cones <insert embarassed icon here>.

John Dillon

The....

Post by John Dillon » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:26 pm

Masters age group gets bigger every year....I think the youngest in this group is 45....as more folks skate in this age group they will have their own race....but they can skate w/the rest of them as well.....I have a couple more yrs left in that 'younger' group. Keep on doing what you are doing, Erin, after awhile it doesn't matter how old you are.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Re: Masters slalom?

Post by Pat Chewning » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:03 am

Erin Riffel wrote:Ok so I'm really gearing up to make slalom happen for me....maybe I'm starting a little late just shy of my 50th birthday. All the same I hope to be ready for some mellow competitions by next year. I wondered if there were any categories for my old bones...of course I can't hope for a women's masters class but what about a masters class in general, do any of the comps have 'em? And yes its true I feel it is just slightly unlikely I can whoop the dudes in their 20's and 30's when it comes to running cones <insert embarassed icon here>.
State Games of Oregon June 24-25 will have a Master's Group (45+). Unfortunately, in order to be eligible for a medal, you have to live in Oregon or an adjacent state (WA, CA, ID, NV).....

See contest calendar at NCDSA for more info.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:56 am

I agree with JD after a while it doesn't matter how old you are. I go to the races to hang with my friends and compete with skaters that are skating at my level. Unless I am having a good day, skating wise, I could surprise a few folks. But truly the stoke level at these races is so cool. It is really a good vibe to hang with your bros. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:46 am

There will be a try to make "masters" ranking in the World Ranking starting this year.

This means everybody with age 45+ will get their points counted into that category.
To make it into this ranking you must have birthyear registered in the World Ranking database.

More of the rules around that will soon be posted on www.slalomranking.com