Noah Heinle wins on Skaterbuilt ConeKiller GS!

Discussion Forum
David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Noah Heinle wins on Skaterbuilt ConeKiller GS!

Post by David Hegstrom » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:31 pm

Congrats goes out to Noah Heinle of DC Crew fame...anyone who is "in the know" knows that Noah has been knocking on the door for a while now...itching for victory...and NOW IT'S HIS TURN...

His first pro slalom GS event at The Downhillbillies Dixie Cup Race-and he takes it on a wooden Skaterbuilt ConeKiller GS! Thanks Noah! Good on you...

The CK-GS has podiumed and/or won a slew of events in 05'...

Turning Conventional Slalom Theory on it's EAR!

Dave - Skaterbuilt

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:18 pm

I am not completely sure but I think he was on the same board when he finished second in the Downhill portion of the Dixie Cup. His GS runs were awesome.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 pm

Marion Karr wrote:I am not completely sure but I think he was on the same board when he finished second in the Downhill portion of the Dixie Cup.
Thhat's correct. I know how fast Noah is but didn't think that on a hill that big he could out roll guys that 20-30% heavier than him, then to turn around a take second on the same damn board. Amazing.

He must have cheated somehow. Magnets maybe.

Joe

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:49 pm

Noah took second by being CLEVER and SKILLED.

He followed the rules and picked up his foot at the no-push line just like the rules dictated, but then instead of dropping into a tuck, he pumped like a madman right down to the starting blocks.

When other skaters (Marion included) were tucked going over the plates, Noah was still getting into his crouch after having got in a good 4 or 5 pumps. So that extra velocity at the top of the hill paid off at the bottom.

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:20 am

i dont really think the pump helped a lot. He beat me by 3 1000th`s of a second and I am lighter than Noah and much lighter than Marion, I tucked the whole hill. That DH race was all about aero and mass, I need to be heavier. If the finish line was closer to the bottom of the steeps the reults may have varied..but Marion still would have won.