Slalom St. Louis

Discussion Forum

What Status Do You Think Is Appropriate For This Race?

Main
13%
Prime
32%
Basic
55%

Total votes: 31

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Slalom St. Louis

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:01 am

Please Vote

Polls close December 15, 2005
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 pm

I cant believe that folks would vote this as a basic instead of a Prime....Last years race was a great time....I'll lay 10 to 1 half the votors in this poll have no idea what the venues look like, outside of the one they want to win.... maybe if folks saw the course, they'd know.......

You're gettin hosed a bit here, brah

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:23 pm

the whole voting thing is "hosed"

if we are really going to rotate status, then lets rotate status

besides, I heard the Mississippians and the St. Lousians were boycotting the vote

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:30 pm

As the newbie on the block I really don't have a great deal of experience so just know I probably don't have a clue. However, at the risk of repeating myself for the umpteenth time, the status of our race is up to the riders and we will put on the best race we can regardless if we are a basic, a prime, or a pimple on the ISSA butt.

As far as rotating statuses between all the various organizations I think it is a good solution to this whole deal, however, with the aggressive lobbying for a Main by Kenny, the fact that the Athens race is the same weekend as the Buckeye, and because it didn't appear that there was any movement toward developing some rotation plan I personally felt that the polling idea was a good one. I hate that Chicago, Luna, or St. Louis feel they are getting "hosed" by this process and that there is a "boycott" of the voting. I have a deep respect for all of these groups and what they have done and are doing for this sport that I just got involved with in 2005. They deserve elevated statuses for all of their efforts.

Tway's offer to rotate his Main status with us was a generous offer and much appreciated. The Farm and the Dixie Cup have strong ties to each other and are working hard to make both of our races better. This is a cooperative effort on our part to insure that everyone that attends our races get the most for their travel buck and time.

In looking at the voting it appears each race got basically the same number of voters participating. It's a shame that not everyone has voted. I would hope that the racers would voice their opinion to this process rather than leave it up to a somewhat arbitrary decison of someone sitting in Sweden (no offense to Corky).
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com