What a great 2005

Discussion Forum
Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

What a great 2005

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:58 pm

G'mornin all,

I have to say that 2005 was a pretty cool year. First of all you have to understand that until I saw a board for sale in January on e-bay that lead me to contact Ed Economy, I had NO idea that the slalom scene had returned. Ed turned me on to NCDSA, Slalom Skateboarder and to this fellow in Georgia named 66.

6 went out of his way to not only school me on the new scene, but he loaned me a Comet deck and a set of Trackers to get me wiggling again. Needless to say the first session I ran, by myself in a flat parking lot, absolutely lit the fire again.

So here is the coolest thing for me and slalom 2005. It has to be the people of the "Slalom Brotherhood" that I have come to call friends. In a short year I have met so many people that simply love to ride skateboards through cones. Every person I have met has been completely giving of advice and encouragement all year long. I now have friends coast to coast that I would love to race with every weekend.

So to the GASS boys, THe DHB's, Richy & Maria, Joe I, The Canadian contingent of Rob, Civ & Claude, Lemonboy, Geezer X, Twaymeister, Keith, Kenny-O, The COSS boys, assorted Freaks and all of the others that make standing on hills and hanging out at hotels such a blast, here's to an even better 2006!
La Costa Boy For Life

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:54 pm

Marty,

It's funny how you just seem to "get off the train" in life..... then at a later stage, just jump back on and away you go...
I think you with your OG background and of couse your obvious talent will be a great asset to this sport. It's great to have met you.
It really is amazing to have met all the names you've typed really only 3-5 times and yet they're all now welcome to my house at anytime!!

Just bring Beer!! ;-)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!! Tod

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:22 pm

2005 was indeed a great year...

it was my first year in slalom, i started off with a homemade deck that was intended to look like a roe unlimited (i compared it to JoeI's unlimited in may as the dimensions were spot on), tracker rtx 110mm in front and a darkstar shortboard truck rear, abec 11 88a stingers, and mini logos.

5 months after that i had this: Fatboy TS/Hybrid, Split 90, indy 101 offset, 80/74 4mm trimmed avalons, and redz. in those short few months, my pump went from non-existant to being able to pump up-hill and shaving loads of time off of a run.

i would like to thank Joe I, Tway, Karl, PSR, Noah(even though he may not know how he helped me), Shaggy, ur13 for tips on my stance(i now live by that stance), Fatboy of course, and anyone else who i forgot to mention, o yea....the crew from up north for boosting my self-esteem at the farm finale ;)
No vestido para mi