Richy and Maria Swiss fund

Discussion Forum
Glenn S

Richy and Maria Swiss fund

Post by Glenn S » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:30 pm

I nominate that we get Richy and Maria Carrasco over to this Swiss race.

viewtopic.php?topic=372&forum=97&1

How do we start a PayPal slalom fund for them? Or better yet, since we got 6mos to do this send a check and avoid PayPal getting any of the money.

Henry Hester
Team RoeRacing "Bad H"
Team RoeRacing "Bad H"

Post by Henry Hester » Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:43 pm

I'm good for $50 as soon as you get Paypal up.

Eric Groff
Eric Groff
Eric Groff

Post by Eric Groff » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:28 am

Richy you know that $100.00 you owe me, contribute it to the Swiss fund and then you only owe me $50.00

Arab

Brian Hall

Post by Brian Hall » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:47 pm

We'll will kick in $20! Richy and all the SSS guys have made Cheryl and me feel so welcome all year - thanks!

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:33 pm

Ok, I really had no idea where this would go when I posted it. And I was a little like "oh shoot, what did I start now". But as I can see the idea of helping fellow skaters is a great thing. And Richy is fast and friendly.

I'll keep all records and post them here in this thread. If you'd rather your amount be anonymous that's ok too. I would also like someone else know the PayPal account too and all records, but I'll do the work.

But what if Richy can't go for some reason, or it would conflict with an FCR series race? I'm sure he'd like to but I guess we should let him in on the deal here. But if he can't make it do we have a back up plan and a return policy? The sooner we'd buy airline tickets the better deal we'd can get. It'd be awesome to see this happen.

Glenn

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:45 pm

i told Kim about it and she said we were good for 25.00. she loves her skate kings T shirt! richy get your passports now! it is going to take a while if you don't have em and you can't wait til the last minute.

Henry Hester
Team RoeRacing "Bad H"
Team RoeRacing "Bad H"

Post by Henry Hester » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:59 am

Richie, If you collect money at the Swiss race won't you also need a green card? HH

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Post by David Hegstrom » Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:55 am

Glenn, Bad H, Arab, George, and anyone else....Skaterbuilt will throw down $50.00 for Richy and Maria. No prob......I owe Richy bigtime for all the tips and advice, so it would be the least I could do. I'm in. The Brown Bomber will be a shoe-in for the best Swiss/Euro killer!

Dave - Skaterbuilt

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:18 am

OK then, I did it. A little late, but better late than never. I was not sure where to go with this after I posted it.

Because it would be great to see as many Americans at a major Euro slalom race as possible. This is a start.

But a big motivation to make this happen is that from my understanding Luca and Gatti "who many considered to be two of the fastest slalomer of all time are signed up for this event"(got that one from Vlad's post in DC Discussions :wink:).

The PayPal account is: swissfund@cox.net

My donation is $50

Do Richy and Maria have a passport :eek:

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Post by Richy Carrasco » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:24 pm

Thanks to everybody on this thread that commented on this subject -- your support is awesome! Maria and I are seriously talking about actually going now. It would be an interesting race seeing racers that I have only heard of. I have my documents in order including my green card!

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:20 pm

Hey Mr. Brown Bomber Richie Carrasco, this is angry Eggers speaking°!
Let me know if you need any help travelling to Europe. The old freestyler Yoyo is waiting for you too!
What do you need that green card for?

Chris

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Post by Maria Carrasco » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:34 am

Hi Chris -- Richy and I are really looking forward to making this trip. Thinking about flying into Belgium and making our way via train to the race. Haven't been to Switzerland before. Could use some advice on the train route and what station to plan for in Switzerland if you know. Ideally we will fly out of Switzerland back home maybe by way of Florida. Trying to get creative with our FF miles. Anyway -- hope we can pull it all together and look forward to seeing you (and everyone else too) if so.
Cheers!

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:24 am

The station to plan for in Switzerland is defenitely Zürich. If you can tell an arrival date in advance I am sure someone will be available to pic you up from the station. It is about a 40 minute ride by car to Grüningen from there. There are buses available too which you can set your watches by.
The route from Belgium can be sorted out by a travel agency. Just tell me or them from which city you want to start. I´ll be glad to help.

Edit:

I just checked: A train ride from Brusseles to Zürich takes over 9 hours and you have to change trains 4-5 times. Maybe a start in Germany might be better. Try Munich or any other city that interests you.
If you fly to Frankfurt we might even be able to arrange an airport pick up. Yoyo the mighty flatland invert freestyler lives nearby.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Eggers on 2003-04-10 02:45 ]</font>

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:58 am

Richy and Maria-

I am good for 15 bucks, just let me know when you need it!

see you soon hopefully!

Henry
what coast?

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:57 pm

Richy and Maria leave tonight for Europe where they intend to race in England at Brands Hatch and then at the Swiss race. Sorry I took so long getting a PayPal account up. I ended up being the only one to put anything in it, and PayPal took $2 of that. But I will close it out tomorrow.

But I talked to Maria and she said that this thread motivated them to find a way to make the trip, which they are. She said that if it were not for this thread that they might of not thought about going at all.

My thoughts originally were to see some Americans over in Europe this year. The Euros had been coming to the Worlds and other races in America and none of us were going over there the past two years except for Sharon who was sponsored by us the slalom community.

Well this year we are seeing Americans in Europe which is a good thing. Slalom should be a global sport, and it is.

Good luck racing Richy, and Maria get all the racing on film and video. Have fun. Also to the Gordon clan who I had heard are going to the Swiss race as well. Any others from America going?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:02 am

Good luck Richi(s) and the Gordons!
I'll come if there are reasonable fares. My workplace offered a full sponsrship, but I declined. Tiket prices are just too much.

Luca's coming.

Luca? Jani? Richi? Howard? Who will take the win?

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:04 am

Here is a site that has video of both Brands Hatch and the Swiss site:

http://qube2.lcp.linst.ac.uk/skate/video/

Maria Carrasco

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:33 pm

Thanks again Glenn for your thoughtfulness! We're in Uster and its Friday. Having a BLAST all the way through!! Switzerland is really beautiful and England was awesome. It was hard to leave there and it will be hard to leave here on Monday. Don't worry I've been shooting plenty of video and planning some broadcast segments of our Euro experience . . . more to follow!! See ya all soon . . . Cheers!