Should we host a Farm Series Race at Prep school?

Discussion Forum
John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Should we host a Farm Series Race at Prep school?

Post by John Gilmour » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:50 am

I think this would be a good step towards securing long range slalom event spots for the future.

In the words of the Assistant Headmaster at Westminster. "Longboard skateboarding has exploded at the school. The numbers are many times over what we saw last year. We are trying to figure out what to do with all of them. Many kids are using it to commute from class to the dorms"

Because a skilled youth can compete effectively with a seasoned adult pro..why not?

Boarding schools have dormatories which are unused in summer- have private roads, and under some of the skateboard laws are protected from liability on private grounds provided the contests are structured within the definitions of the current skateboard law. (No cash prize)

Ideas fellas?
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

John Dillon

Good Idea!

Post by John Dillon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:26 am

I like that idea, John....let me know how it goes.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:05 am

Although I've graduated I still plan on organizing an event with the Needham High School Longboard Club. New spot this time, fast dual hybrid. I may also be able to get the local boy scout reservation open for camping. If so we could do some burly GS too.

Early May. Public vs Private is on. (maybe we'll let El' Duque and the weasel skate even though they don't really go to school)