ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Discussion Forum
Colin Beck

ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Post by Colin Beck » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 am

Like a newborn babe, kicking, screaming and covered in blood, the Australian Skateboard Racing Association (aka ASRA) has arrived.

We aim to provide a focal point for all types of skateboard racing in Australia; slalom, downhill, park racing, skatercross, push-racing, you name it!

So please make benefit glorious sport of Skateboard Racing and visit http://www.skateboardracing.org.au. We've been doing a lot of racing, and our race reports, photos, videos and more are now available for worldwide consumption.

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Nice website. Looks like someone has been working hard on that content. Thanks for sharing. I like the article on the ghetto tapestrips. Looks like your scene is growing well. Maybe soon there will be some riders traveling between our countries.

Greg Fadell

Reverse Swirl

Post by Greg Fadell » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:39 pm

I want to race "Down Under!"

Patrick Allan

Post by Patrick Allan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:40 pm

Hey there ozzies! I'll be in Melbourne in december to see my grandma... Any sessions going on?

Haggy Strom

Post by Haggy Strom » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 am

hey patrick.

check the 'coneheads' thread on http://www.charliedontskate.com/ for info on sessions in Melbourne. Things have been pretty quiet down there on the slalom front but they are just starting to get into it. They have a great bowl-riding scene there if you are into that.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:44 pm

Great to see it´s pumping down under.

hej Haggy,
när kommer en stor tävling i Australien. V.M vore flott.

Peace
PK

Greg Ambler

Post by Greg Ambler » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:26 pm

Just some ASRA late news!

ASRA's first comp!
A good way to sort out who's who right here down under.

Hopefully this is the start of better things to come. The prizes are small but the accolades are huge!

A five race series with 5 different disciplines at five different venues extending throughout Sydney NSW. Man against man, board and terrain.

This is a great introduction for serious slalom here in this country and all that are involved or are competing in this series are totaly alleviated.

So here it is!

Greg
ASRA
BTS

BlackTown
...Skates...