Tracking a Manufacturers Championship in 2007?

Discussion Forum
Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Tracking a Manufacturers Championship in 2007?

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey guys & gals,

I had an idea while reading all of the posturing over on the Vendors page at NCDSA. Why don't we track a manufacturers champion in 2007? Many other sports do this, so why not us?

My idea is to assess 5 points for first down to 1 point for 5th for the majors & mains worldwide in 2007 for pros & ams. This could easily be tracked and I have e-mailed Corky about that possibility on Slalomranking.com.

Doing all of the worldwide races would eliminate any geographic advantage. As they say here in the South, Watchalltink?
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:31 pm

Marty,

I thought about this since this morning and I've concluded that right now with our sport it would be a nightmare.

First of all, there's the aspect of recording what every rider in the top five is riding. Then all these results forwarded to Corky ACCURATELY.

Secondly, which manufacturers? Do we just give credit to deck makers? What if one Axe wins with Radikals and another wins with Splitfires? Some winning boards have 3DM, some have ABEC11 and other Manx. Is all that recorded and transmitted to Corky? What about the rivalry between Pleasure Tool and Oust? Or Khiro up against Radikals bushings?

It would be hard to determine a "manufacturer's champion" as long as skaters piece together equipment to their preference. When the time comes, though, that an Axe rider is on a spec board or a Pocket Pistol skater rides a PP/Chindy/Manx combo then possibly such a competition could work. Until then, though, we couldn't award a manufacturer's title to just one marque while not recognizing the other components that make a fast skateboard.

Well, we could but I have to be suspect of how much credibility it would have.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Decks

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:51 pm

Wes,

I was talking about decks only. Moto rankings are not broken out by Kawasaki (with ABC tires) & Kawasaki (with DEF tires). they just say which manufacturer won, came in second, etc.....

I would think that any Major or Main would have an adequate scorekeeper, right? If they can keep track of what time someone got in a round of 8 wouldn't it be at least plausible that they could also record, Pocket Pistol, Roe, AXE, Super Surfer or whatever was ridden in the final?

It was just a thought, If the Keep It Simple Stupid aka KISS theory was practiced could it be so difficult?

I am off for beer......
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:05 am

I think you could do a race,but not a season.keeping the times straight is hard as hell as it is. cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com