New Bennetts from Sk8Kings!!!

Discussion Forum
Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

New Bennetts from Sk8Kings!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:13 am

Just broke out my first session on my new tricked up Bennett Vectors from Richy & Maria today. I have to say that I am soooo impressed by these trucks. Richy trimmed them down, put in a new axle and set up the bushings.... WOW. I saw some early posts when the Bennetts first came out and they were not too complimentary. Richy has taken these trucks to a new level. I was able to stick these things through a 6 to 5.5 foot bottom potion of a hybrid course today with EASE.

I called Richy to thank him and sold one over the phone to another racer on the hill. Richy said he has made some more, so GETCHA SOME!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Iversen
Chris I
Chris I

Post by Chris Iversen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:26 am

Right on Richy and Maria for putting out an inexpensive alternative to Trackers for a front truck! You guys are awesome giving slalomers great options, especially those that are just getting into it! Bennetts have always been a great turning truck, and with the right modifications to the Vector reissues they make a pretty darn good slalom truck!

If you are like me, and REALLY like the way Bennetts feel, not to mention the pure soul associated with them, but are looking for something a bit more burly for slalom, check out Speed-dealer's modded Bennetts as well. They make both a front and a rear offset. Yes they are more expensive, but both come with 10mm stainless steel axles lathed down to 8mm where you mount your wheels and are available in three sizes. Also, the offset arms on the rear are both pinned AND welded! Yes welded! Good luck breaking those! And keep in mind, prices are in CDN funds and include shipping. Here are some photos of my Axe II with the 88mm Speed-dealer Bennetts:

Get them at http://www.speed-dealer.ca
Last edited by Chris Iversen on Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Live to skate, SKATE OR DIE!!!

Chris Iversen
Chris I
Chris I

Post by Chris Iversen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:30 am

After posting I thought that maybe my post looked like I wanted to deter people away from the Sk8kings truck. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL! Sk8Kings are a killer force behind our scene and I applaud Richy and Maria for what they are doing (As you can see, I'm a member of the Axe Army myself!) I just wanted to get the word out about the speed-dealer Bennetts as well. I see them as a step up from what Sk8kings are selling and don't see them as competing entities... just more choices!!!

Right on Sk8kings and right on Speed-dealer! I LOVE BENNETTS!
Live to skate, SKATE OR DIE!!!

Mike Ohm

Skennetts

Post by Mike Ohm » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:07 pm

I tested my new Skennett today. It took awhile to get the right bushing combo but once I did I was totally impressed. They are a great NEW affordable option for a great turning truck. Get yourself one.
Damn Skippy

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Skennetts

Post by Richy Carrasco » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:22 pm

This is the best front truck for the buck! Maria and I are stoked to be able to offer these for the super quick racing we do! We are formulating a combo pack setup for our Axe completes using the skennett front and S back for TS and HB and then for GS you can switch the front for a X for more stable High MPH riding ...........

trish erickson

Bennetts

Post by trish erickson » Wed May 02, 2007 3:36 am

I just got my Bennett from the Great Carrasco's the other day. I had a conversation with my Bro and he said that Mike O. said they were the bomb so I bought one. I set it up on my AXEll and I love it! I have been looking for a cheaper alternative for a front truck and I know I don't have a lot of experience but this truck rocks! Thanks Ritchy and Marie for sending it out so quick. And thanks Bro and Mike for the info. Maybe, just maybe I won't fall and break my toe riding this truck!

Skate Happy!
ts