Jack Marshall Smith - Lowe Syndrome

Discussion Forum
Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Jack Marshall Smith - Lowe Syndrome

Post by Jack Smith » Mon May 07, 2007 8:20 am

Four years ago on May 6th, 2003 my son, Jack Marshall Smith, passed away from complications due to Lowe Syndrome. The readers of ISSA, Silverfish and NCDSA helped me get through the most difficult time of my life. Thank you.

Adam, the owner of NCDSA also provided a forum for the "Skateboarding Across America - On Board For Lowe Syndrome" fund raising trek. Thank you Adam. The readers and sponsors of ISSA, Silverfish and NCDSA helped to sponsor the trek and also to raise more than $30,000 for Lowe Syndrome research.

David Cornwaite of the United Kingdom first heard of "Skateboarding Across America - On Board For Lowe Syndrome" on NCDSA, as most of you know David pushed his skateboard all the way across Australia, one of his charities was the UK Lowe Syndrome Trust. This summer skaters will be skating across Europe to raise money for Lowe Syndrome and I have just learned of a fellow who will be skating the length of New Zealand next summer, he will also be raising money for Lowe Syndrome research. Da Farm race in 2003 also raised funds that were donated to the Lowe Syndrome Association. There was also a race in Oregon that contributed funds to the LSA.

It is impossible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel for the readers ISSA, Silverfish and NCDSA and for those who have undertaken fund raising adventures for Lowe Syndrome research. Although my son may be gone physically, his spirit lives on through each and every one of you. I thank you again with all my heart.

Patrick Allan

Post by Patrick Allan » Mon May 07, 2007 2:34 pm

http://www.tripup.com/travel_community/trips/view/5432
http://www.beatswalkineurope.com/

Here you'll find a list of all the cities that Sam Benson, Tom Fletcher, Chris Morris and Tom Walker along with all skaters that wish to join them will be skating through starting in july as they start a 4000km journey of longboarding across Europe.
They will be going through the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
You will also find a link to donate directly to their cause.

They will be in Paris on the 14th of july. With the help of our association Riderz, we are going to organize some kind of event to help raise funds and awareness about Lowe Syndrome. We still aren't quite sure about the format of the event, it could just as well be a big skate session at trocadero or elsewhere or a giant race throughout the city, that could finish under the eiffel tower, but what is sure is that it will be a big and festive event, being on the same day as the national holiday, there will be fireworks above the eiffel tower, people in the streets and hopefully the support of our city. So for all those who would like to participate in a huge longboarding/skateboarding demo or a giant race through the streets of Paris to support these guys' journey and the charities they are defending, I am sure that all together we can really do something...

I will be at the head of this project. All help, ideas, advice or sponsors are more than welcome.
The battle starts today. Support these guys and the Lowe Syndrome Trust. I hope to see as many of you guys as possible on the 14th of July.

Peace