The End is Near

Discussion Forum
Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

The End is Near

Post by Jack Smith » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:34 pm

I saw slalom for the first time in 1964 at a Hobie Skateboard demo in Sweetwater, Texas. Raced for the first time at the 1975 Bahne-Cadillac Del Mar Nationals. I am looking forward to racing at the Nationals and the Worlds. The Nationals will be especially meaningful to me, as my son Dylan will also be racing.

I've decided to retire from slalom competition after the La Costa race. Even though I won't be racing anymore, I plan on staying involved in race promotion and organization. Sometime in Spring of 2008, with the help of Jonny Miller and Adrian Pina, I plan on staging a 32 racer invitational in San Luis Obispo that will feature the largest purse ever for a single slalom event. More information soon.

It's been a good 32 years. Thanks to all of you for making these last few years so fun.

Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell

Post by Laura Bissell » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Thank you for all the support you've given in your 32 years of racing, and for continuing your support post retiring. You've always been a fun competitor and will be missed on the ramp next to me. Glad you'll still be at the parties afterwards!
i wanna go fast

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Remember Paris Jack ?! It was cool to meet you !

Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com