Skateboard Inventor - slalom technical pieces

Discussion Forum
Gianluca Ferrero

Skateboard Inventor - slalom technical pieces

Post by Gianluca Ferrero » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:38 am

As far as i know,remembering all we did ,in late 1978 i was the firts to add on my turner and fibreflex decks the arch to support the front shoes for a precision start increasing the grip on board,expecially on bad and wet surfaces.

In Italy at that times we used to race also under rain...and i feeled it better,using before a sky hook in front ,then a pepsi can cutted and fixed with a skeleton inside directely with the hardware of the front truck and finally i arrived at the arch that was after suggested and used also by all my team riders and young skaters that i introduced in slalomskatebaording.

After the front arches me , Ugolini ,and Bianciardi tried and used also a special concave plate on board fixed with the same method of the front ,on the griptape of the rear truck.

We had fantastic sessions and trophies all over Europe(not only for these bindings...also for the innovative long pumping and the methos to use feet upon the trucks with more power in giant and more stability in speed.): nowaday the style and technique is almost the same (totally different beetween the ones we saw on the Us Mag and int, scene)
we used .

ARCHES are well used from a wide numbers of riders,and i remembered when i suggest Christoph Peller of INDIANA.ch skates to try to sell successufully accessories like these,after greater swiss friends legends Ridoli,Diaz and Sidler adopted them on my advices .
More detail in the vintage memories on http://www.coniskate.it

have a good sessions and works to everybodies

gianluca ferrero