Now I've Seen Everything! - The NFL Tells Kids To Go Play

Discussion Forum
Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Now I've Seen Everything! - The NFL Tells Kids To Go Play

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:34 pm

The NFL is running a PSA advocating kids go outside and play.

WHAT?

Can you imagine a multi-billion dollar corporation feeling compelled to tell kids to go outside and play tag? Just incredible.

This is an extension of my rant in years past concerning the abject stupidity of parents spending hundreds of dollars on a video game where a kid can sit and pretend to ride a skateboard. Just spend a little less, get the kid a real skateboard and then run them out of the house (with a belt if necessary.)

Kids are getting fat and there's lawsuits against McDonalds. No, kids aren't fat because they eat at McDonalds. They are fat because they have the metabolism of a tree sloth. You could eat nothing but lettuce and get fat if your idea of exercise is searcing for the remote.

One of the things I've enjoyed the most about getting back into skating is the tremendous weight loss I've experienced. I know I still have to be careful because cholesterol, salt and sugar can still clog the arteries and stop the heart no matter my weight (Just ask Jim Fixx.) But at least I know I can go to Burger King and get a Whopper and fries occassionally and not worry about ballooning up like a hippo.

Now, the NFL agrees with me. Let's hope someone out there pays attention and starts motivating this current generation to actually MOVE now and then.

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:29 pm

I agree with your premise, 100% Jim Fixx died from coronary failure caused by a congenital heart defect, however, and I must therefore argue the tangent since this is the internet. More gravy on those biscuits. I have a skate session.
I ride fast boards, slowly.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 am

Spot on Wes