TIME TO RALLY OUR SKATE FAMILY ONE MORE TIME!

Discussion Forum
Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

TIME TO RALLY OUR SKATE FAMILY ONE MORE TIME!

Post by Cat Young » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:44 pm

For those of you living in California, you probably have had the great pleasure of meeting Adam, Kyndra and Kirby Cox at a slalom, downhill, or slide contest. I met them last year, and they are truly a wonderful family.

At the ripe old age of 16, Kyndra is an up and coming slalom and slide Diva, and her 14 year old brother, Kirby, is a budding downhiller, slalomer, and seasoned slider. When Kyndra is not in school, she helps out by working a part-time job in Carlsbad.

Adam is a single, self-employed father, raising his family in Carlsbad. He drives Kyndra and Kirby to all their skating contests, and is usually the one delivering the ramps in his gigantic truck!

Early this morning, I found out from Isabelle that Kyndra had to be rushed to the hospital on Sunday.
After a CAT scan and many tests later, Kyndra was admitted into surgery to remove a very large cyst on her ovary that had been causing excruciating pain for quite some time.

While the doctors were in there, they also found a nodule on her small intestine. This was also removed, and is being biopsied by the lab.

Isabelle had the great idea of posting something to help out the family, and I though it was a great idea.

If anyone in our slalom community would like to help the Cox family with medical costs, you can PayPal Adam directly at: jmc.ace@hotmail.com.

Much thanks to everyone.

Kyndra at the 2007 La Costa/PumpStation contest

Kyndra and Isabelle with all her swag!