Comment on Ed Economy

Discussion Forum
Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:09 am

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ed Economy for helping out with the FCR races. His place is quite respected and defined at the start line.

I have had the chance now on a couple of occaisions to chit chat with Ed about this and that and he has always been quite "Frank" (Ed) with me on slalom skateboarding subjects.

It's not that easy to pit yourself with this sort of position in the mad world of slalom skateboarding but Ed does it well and here I say "Thanks Ed" for helping out.

I think you could throw a great race Ed, I believe you could pull off quite the event with all of your knowledge, past present and future included.

I know now that I can look forward to some sarcasm when I am in the start gate and well, it's sort of settling in a sick-o way.

Best Regards to you Ed and I look forward to seeing you at La Costa.

Really, thanks for helping out, I mean it.

adam

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:38 am

Adam, I don't know whether or not the above post is one in the same that was removed from the other site.

If it was it is too bad. It is in poor taste and public relations for this dislike from one site to another. It is unfortunate for all of us in the Slalom community.

You are bang on with your assessment of Ed, he is truly a great guy. Hopefully relations will improve for the beterment of the renewed Slalom interest.

Thanks again for this site. The format is superb and unfortunately maybe it is simply jealousy.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:21 am

The post that got pulled of Adam T's was right after Lynn's post, complimenting Lynn on her skating. Nothing bad in that post at all, and not worthy of getting pulled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glenn on 2003-04-02 16:59 ]</font>

Mickey Williams

Post by Mickey Williams » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:37 am

Well, you can't let that sort of thing get out of hand. Once people start complimenting Lynn, people would start jumping on the bandwagon, and she'd need her own forum. And then maybe people would start complimenting other racers. And then where would we be? Compliments everywhere, no trash talking... We'd just be all mushy.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:17 am

You are so right Adam. I also thanked Ed for doing his thing in Avila/Morro. I said you will be rewared someday. You know what he answered?
He said: "I am already, I am a skateboarder for life, thats enough"

No more comment needed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Eggers on 2003-03-31 04:33 ]</font>

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:07 pm

Ed was the deciding factor in my going out west to race at WLAC Nov. 2000. Why??? He bought two sets of my 4 inch UFO's so I could afford to go...and provided the incentive to go- a Turner as a prize. Not only that - he picked me up at the airport- and invited me to his house to stay- coached me the next day- and even dropped me off at the airport.

Ed has supported racing and has one of the largest collections of racing skateboards(downhill as well as slalom). Ed isn't a shortboarder- he is a longboarder- yet still sports the largest collection of racing shortboards.

We are real lucky to have guy like Ed in racing. His Turner Collection likely got more people into slalom racing as they could see the history all in one place. He one of the current USA race Historians. Though Ed is paid by Team Gravity for his longboards- he fairly represents all the teams of skateboard racing and is the best possible choice for a starter.

Mike Gorman

Post by Mike Gorman » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:08 pm

Ed thoroughly enjoyed giving me shit for walking thru the timing beams by accident yesterday. He even starts the JPL outlaw races without even being asked or paid. Thanks Ed.

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Post by Maria Carrasco » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:00 am

Ed Economasher RULES! Richy nicknames everybody he likes . . . :wink: