Trish Erickson! 2009 Cockfight Skateboards GNAR-COCK award!

Discussion Forum
Greg Stubbs

Trish Erickson! 2009 Cockfight Skateboards GNAR-COCK award!

Post by Greg Stubbs » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm

A couple of my friends and fellow skaters/racers have a small company called Cockfight Skateboards. They are more into grinding pool coping than anything but also dabble with racing. One of those guys, Kevin Lane, was at the Sizzler this year and gave away a board. While in Big Ryan's garage I saw all the trophies he was making and I was inspired. I told Kevin that we needed to have an award for someone that does something really gnarly so I whipped up this little beauty (ha!) of a trophy. There were very few wipeouts over the 2 days of riding and I don't remember any spectacular recoveries (although there may have been). I do remember George Pappas going down at the finish line on the hybrid course (to his bare hands that he'd already shreaded the day before at the GS). He was hauling so much ass when he went down, as if watching him skate wasn't scary enough.

But the gnarliest thing all weekend had to be Trish's wipeout on the GS course. Full on Pete Rose slide leaving her with quite a bit of road-rash. She brushed it off like it was nothing, went back to the top of the hill and proceeded to unleash her fury on the blacktop. So with that, she took the award for gnarliest thing all weekend. Oh, did I mention she laid waste to many of the guys in the hybrid C group including my sorry ass?!!???

Trish, if you read this I want you to know that if that had been me that wiped out like that I'd have drank beer and coneheaded for the rest of the weekend. You are one tough lady and one hell of a racer!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 pm

Go 'Cocks.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:45 pm

UT Trish is badass.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Greg,

Let me know if they need a hat

trish erickson

cock award

Post by trish erickson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:23 am

Thanks Stubbs!

I did drink....alot. Only way I could get back on that board and hill. My road rash is gooey today and the shoulder might not function properly for awhile, but that trophy made it all worth it.

Wes, the hat is perfect.
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Re: cock award

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:49 am

Well done Trish, gnarly as ever!
trish erickson wrote:
Wes, the hat is perfect.
Yes it is ;)

Ethen Allen

Post by Ethen Allen » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 am

Trish you are now my wifes hero. Thanks for getting her stoked on slalom. You Rule!

Brian Ellison

Post by Brian Ellison » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:23 am

hooray for more female skaters!!

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

But you shoulda been in Colorado

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 am

Get Trish to tell you about her crash at the Nationals in Colorado. Now THAT was GnNnNnARRRRRR.

Trish did your nipple ever grow back? Like I said boys GNAR!
La Costa Boy For Life

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Trish,

I don't want to hear about crashes.... I want to hear about how well you did in Texas!
Yea.... I was there & I saw!! Trish kicked some major boy butt!!!!

Way to go Trish!
I'm glad you're back!

trish erickson

Crash vs gravity

Post by trish erickson » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:40 pm

LOLOLOLOL! I am on the floor laughing. That's funny Marty! It grew back but a little lower than before.....Not sure if the crash or gravity had something to do with that! I am seeing a pattern for sure though.....My goal this year is not to fall off at every stink'n race. I am going for the DFL trophy. LOL.

Cat, Thanks girl. If it wasn't for your stoke, I wouldn't have gotten back on and ridden that hill. um, pretty sure you kicked butt too. You made it to A class! That's awesome.

What a weekend!
ts

Greg Stubbs

Post by Greg Stubbs » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Both of you ladies made impressive showings. See you both next year!