wtf?

Discussion Forum
Dominik Kowalski

wtf?

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:04 pm

"worlds" just ended

no "latest news" on the first page.
no ranking update

does this "issa" thing organize itself in any way?
or are we ready to shut it all down?
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:33 pm

"THE END OF THE WORLDS"
I WANT PICS AND VIDS!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:21 pm

As usual I'm available to assist anyone who wants to publish anything on the front page at SlalomSkateboarder. I don't have the time or energy to steer the strategy of this site, but I'm available as technical assistant to anyone who's willing to do so.

Wesley Tucker is another worker here, with the ability and willingness to help out. He's on the ISSA board (which I am not), but he's already busy with his administrative duties, so don't expect him to carry this load too.

Hopefully Gary, Dan or another of the BOD members can step in and submit stuff for the front page. I'll provide logins for anyone willing to do the work.

Farid as usual has excellent pictures. I'm sure he'll let us use a few for the front page!

/Jani

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Worlds

Post by Jack Smith » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Dom, Robo and the all the rest...cut and paste the link below. I think I have posted everything except for the Tight PDFs.

http://skateboardersjournal.ning.com/ev ... ionship-of

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Jack, when you have time (or Pat) can you throw up the TS pdf results too please? The weekend was killer; the World's rocked. Thanks to all for the good times,
LAVIN

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:44 am

Tight Slalom PDFs now posted on The Skateboarder's Journal
http://skateboardersjournal.ning.com/ev ... ionship-of

Emrik Larsson

Post by Emrik Larsson » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:57 pm

I'VE TOLD CORKY AND JANI THAT I'M MORE THAN WILLING TO HELP OUT WITH THE SLALOM-RANKING, AND ALSO TRY TO POST MORE UPDATES OF CONTESTS ETC..
I THINK IT'S TIME FOR SOME OF US OTHER GUYS TO STEP UP AND HELP OUT IF WE WANT THE SPORT TO SURVIVE AND HOPEFULLY GROW!

EMRIK

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 am

One thing I'd like to see, if we are going to have a season points series, is awards for top finishers in each division. Every other sport I've competed in, which has a season series, either gives out awards at the conclusion of that series, or uses the standings as qualis or to make invites to a championship competition. Otherwise all it really is is "internet points".

Emrik - right on. Ditto for me - just tell me what needs to be done.

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Rick Floyd wrote:Emrik - right on. Ditto for me - just tell me what needs to be done.
One thing which I know Corky would appreciate help with from a US skater is just making sure we track down all the US events and all the results of those.

Emrik or Antonio could do the European.

Once we have the list, the next step could be getting the results formatted for inclusion, but I don't know anything about it.

Let Corky know that you want to help out and be ready when he's ready for it.

/Jani

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:54 am

Jani Soderhall wrote:
Rick Floyd wrote:Emrik - right on. Ditto for me - just tell me what needs to be done.
One thing which I know Corky would appreciate help with from a US skater is just making sure we track down all the US events and all the results of those.

Emrik or Antonio could do the European.

Once we have the list, the next step could be getting the results formatted for inclusion, but I don't know anything about it.

Let Corky know that you want to help out and be ready when he's ready for it.

/Jani
I'd be glad to help track down missing US event results, and format them if needed. I'll get a hold of Corky or he can PM me if he sees this. Thanks Jani. Happy sk8ing everyone.

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)