Thank You to the DownHill Slalom Community.

Discussion Forum
Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Thank You to the DownHill Slalom Community.

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:43 am

I have seen DownHill Slalom live, Die and revive again from the ashes. So where are we since the revival. Contest have come and gone. Slalom Teams have fallen to the way side and dissapearded. And yet we go on. A FEW companies that make slalom boards are still around. The owners of these companies believe and hope that DownHill Slalom will survive. We do not have any heavy backers in our sport. After last years race I spoke to my Texas Outlaws co-founder Rogue aka Marcos about running our Texas Sizzler for 2011 with out any sanction from the governing body. Why? you ask. We do not have to follow any rules. We go back to the GrassRoots where we once came from. There was no bitchin from the competitors when we ran our contest GrassRoots style. No politics, nothing to gain. And there still is not. I also spoke to one of our main sponsors for The Texas Sizzler and he agreed as well. This year we feel blessed. The City of Houston has given us carte blanche with the aquisition of their new derby hill. For us to walk away would not be easy. The Texas Outlaws have made a promise that we would not let DownHill Slalom die, fade away. Maybe all of those who complain, bitch about races should throw a race of their own. As I type this letter. The Texas Outlaws are busy working on asking for schwag, making contest shirt designs, phone calls to sponsors, making trophys, booked a hotel, working with some one to have food for the racers and many more things that are involved in our worth while endeavor. So here we go again. Thank you to all of you who come down to Texas every year to our contest and truly enjoy yourselves. As long as I can skate with this Motley Crew from Texas DownHill Slalom will survive in the Lone Star State . Thank You to all of you who have supported our contest. Looking forward to the Texas Sizzler. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Clarification. We are applying for the HIGHEST STATUS possible that the ISSA has to offer. We took so much HEAT from some Newbie DownHill Racers last year. These guys did not even race at the Sizzler, they were spectators. It really left a horrible taste in ours mouths. You get these kids who just started riding a longboard for a year and they know everything. So we eliminated the DownHill portion of the contest to the general public. Yes there will be an imformal DownHill Contest at The Sizzler on Sunday, but you have to ride in all 3 slalom events to be eligible. I believe that we have to concentrate on DownHill Slalom 100%. Sorry for the confussion everyone. I was merely thanking the Slalom Community for supporting us over the years. That's all folks. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:09 pm

We did apply for status back in December to make the 3 month dead line. Marcos sent the application to JBH. FYI. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.