TO SUPPORT THE ISSA OR NOT

Discussion Forum
Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

TO SUPPORT THE ISSA OR NOT

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Supporting the ISSA is crucial to our sport. Saying we are not supporting the ISSA because we do not agree with their policies, rules or structure does not help further our sport. So your DH Slalom contest is not sanctioned. You can make your point. But really your point is meaningless. Really it is. You are doing this to prove what point. You are doing this as a deterent. Yes there have been instances where a race should've received a certain Status and did not. For what ever reason. Not supporting the ISSA Organization. Is just that. You are not part of the let's move forward process. Stepping back is not the answer. Our sport is at a crucial point right now. Standing back and watching to see what happens without you. Answer. The sport moves on. You will be become a memory on the slalom circuit, and as far as validity, well what can we expect from you ? Think about it. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Your argument fails to compel.

I no longer have a timing system, I am not obtaining permits nor insurance, and I don't want to deal with 500 emails asking me about the quality of the asphalt.

Go ISSA!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 pm

So . . . Trade Street . . . how's the asphalt?

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Wesley Tucker wrote:So . . . Trade Street . . . how's the asphalt?
It was all a dream, I read it in Concrete Wave magazine.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

AGREE TO DISAGREE. MAYBE AS I GET OLDER. WHICH I AM. I SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY. IMAGINE NO NFL, NO NHL, JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. NOT ANYMORE. WE NEED STRUCTURE. YOUR AMIGO EDDY TEXAS OUTLAWS.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 pm

No NFL? Seems like I heard something about that.

Really though, the fact that 66 is still having a race after all these years is a miracle. I bet he's still paying the hotel bill for the last one you and I went to ED.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Rick Stanziale wrote:
Wesley Tucker wrote:So . . . Trade Street . . . how's the asphalt?
It was all a dream, I read it in Concrete Wave magazine.
Bastage!

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:32 pm

hmmmm hey guys
i get ricks feelings and his point-no arguing about that

but let me tell you something about biz here and now:
you run a company or an event,no matter what or how and when-bottom line is and will always be does it pay out or do i break even?
if you don't break even,bad luck,in most cases your own fault,i guess we really don't need to argue about that point.

so eddy made his point and in all the replies is some funny bs?
is that where we are at right now?
some people really try hard this time to make things look good-just in case you didn't notice.

eddy and the outlwas made their point about what a good race should be like.
is your answer or negelectance of what eddy wants to tell you sheer ignorance?
this looks rather selfish to me,what do you think?

i don't try to be a prick or come across like that,i'm trying to talk to you and maybe you get what i'm saying...

just some thoughts...

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Perhaps you misunderstand my attempt at a good natured way of responding. Allow me to be more to the point.

It is my personal belief that Rick or anyone else that undertakes the task of running a skateboard race should have the right to choose for themselves if they wish to involve themselves with the ISSA. I understand why Ed is trying to incent Rick to "make it official", but after years of holding some of the largest US races, I'm just glad to see Rick still gives a shit enough to have any kind of race.

Also in my opinion, giving him shit after he says no means maybe next year, he won't bother to have a race at all. Maybe some other folks reading will decide they don't want to have their own grass roots race either. I think there is a place for any and all races and not everyone needs to be under the ISSA banner.

Respectfully,
Joe

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:02 am

IT IS NICE TO KNOW WE STILL CARE ABOUT OUR SPORT. AND TRULY THE EVENTS THROWN BY RICK WERE AWESOME. BUT YOU ARE CORRECT IT IS HIS EVENT. RICK TRULY SLALOM COULD USE YOU. YOUR AMIGO EDDY TEXAS OUTLAWS.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 am

But look at the top of the page where the event is posted: http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=7831 doesn't it say "ISSA International Slalom Skateboarding Association?"

I think it is OK to have non-ISSA events. But I'm not so sure that they should be freely posted on the ISSA web page.

BTW: Is the organizer TRYING to be as incomplete as possible with the information about the race?

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Pat Chewning wrote: BTW: Is the organizer TRYING to be as incomplete as possible with the information about the race?
Yes.

Funk it. I'm deleting it from the "ISSA web page".

And you continue to wonder why people don't want to be involved with slalom.

Sheesh.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Rick,

The ISSA is not an obligation to anyone. It's an association and this is a website with voluntary visitors, hey you're one of them! Some people pay to give additional support to the ISSA, but its voluntary. If you don't like ISSA, this site and the community there's no need to come here. And there's nothing stopping you from putting on fun races.

I'm not sure what this topic is really about, but maybe you're just looking to upset someone (or a few). Worked with me!

I'll clean up this topic in a while. It doesn't really make sense to have such a discussion here.

/Jani

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Rick Stanziale wrote:And you continue to wonder why people don't want to be involved with slalom.
There's a lot that could be done to reignite the slalom scene and build up a larger group of interested parties (new racers, new sponsors, new brands, new race organizers etc). Over the years the ISSA may not have been optimally run, including by myself, but there's a lot of work to be done, and it's nobodys full time job, so we can't really expect miracles either.

Obviously with comments like the one above, it doesn't really help motivation. But somehow, despite the lack of time and with headwind like above, a few determined guys still carry out duties here at the site.

/Jani

Greg Ambler

Post by Greg Ambler » Sun May 08, 2011 3:08 pm

How are you Eddy? The flag still lives on here my brother.

We are going through a bit of a crisis down here . Its a downer when your support gets used up elsewhere. Lucky enough we have good solid personal support that should get us through.

Greg
BTS

BlackTown
...Skates...

Lisa Scott

Post by Lisa Scott » Wed May 25, 2011 4:07 pm

True, all of your statements...
Having a central organization such as ISSA, can only be beneficial.
It doesn't have to be ISSA, in the future it might be another organization.
We have to start somewhere, why not look at ISSA as a work in progress?
Nothing is perfect from the start, someone is always going to be unhappy.
You can't please everyone all the time, but reach for pleasing the majority
a high percentage of the time...
We aren't politicians, we should be able to compromise, and some compromise has
already occurred in regards to sanctioning, BOD, etc.
"Can't we all just get along"
We all have this major thing in common....