Slalom Images

Discussion Forum
Post Reply
Doug Kadzban
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Slalom Images

Post by Doug Kadzban » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:01 am

Good afternoon, brothers and sisters of the cone.

Shortly before the forums at Silverfish closed up, I went on a downloading spree, in an effort to retain as many pictures and as much information as I could. One of the troves I saved was their "Post Your Slalom Setup" thread. If anyone is looking for a specific image uploaded to that thread, please let me know. Drop me a PM here, or use the email address attached to my account. Otherwise, I may see about uploading the images somewhere online, at least temporarily, for individuals to peruse and save their own images.

Peace, love, and happy pumps!
-DK
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2020
ISSA President 2011-2020
Posts: 4152
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:00 am
Location: Sweden, lives in France
Contact:

Re: Slalom Images

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:48 pm

Doug,

Let me know if you would like to make a "Silverfish - slalom board" topic or similar here at the forum and we can work together on posting those photos that you have downloaded. Let me know if you have a plan on how to make best use of those.

/Jani

Doug Kadzban
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Slalom Images

Post by Doug Kadzban » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:Doug,

Let me know if you would like to make a "Silverfish - slalom board" topic or similar here at the forum and we can work together on posting those photos that you have downloaded. Let me know if you have a plan on how to make best use of those.

/Jani
Thanks, Jani

Looks like I've got 266 images. Is there a good way to get all of those uploaded and posted on here? I know Imgur is the default image hosting site after Photobucket went down, but they typically limit uploads to 50 images at a time.
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2020
ISSA President 2011-2020
Posts: 4152
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:00 am
Location: Sweden, lives in France
Contact:

Re: Slalom Images

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm

You could zip them all and send them with wetransfer to jani.soderhall@slalomskateboarder.com and I'll upload them all.
Then we need to figure out the best way to present them, for example grouping them. Having them all in one large topic may be a bit too much. Do you have any additional information for each of the images, or is it just plenty of unsorted images? Can you see and/or create logical groups somehow? Based upon brand? Maybe sort them into different zips depending upon their group?

/Jani

Doug Kadzban
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Slalom Images

Post by Doug Kadzban » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:You could zip them all and send them with wetransfer to jani.soderhall@slalomskateboarder.com and I'll upload them all.
Then we need to figure out the best way to present them, for example grouping them. Having them all in one large topic may be a bit too much. Do you have any additional information for each of the images, or is it just plenty of unsorted images? Can you see and/or create logical groups somehow? Based upon brand? Maybe sort them into different zips depending upon their group?

/Jani
It's mostly unsorted. They're in somewhat of a chronological order from when they were uploaded, but I know SF had a few malware attacks and lost a ton of attachments along the line. It looks like most of the images I downloaded are from 2013 and 2014, with a few from '15 and '16. And, just to be clear, these are just the images that were uploaded directly to Silverfish via the forum attachment feature, or via Tapatalk/mobile.

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to get them sorted into a few different brand categories...just looking at them a bit this morning, I'm thinking a section for Sk8kings, a section for Pavel/GOG/Airflow and other European brands, a section for Canadian brands, a section for American brands (outside of Sk8kings), a section for homebuilds, and a small section for trucks and wheels. I don't have any way of seeing metadata in any meaningful capacity, so unless the boards are distinctive enough, I have no way of seeing who the boards belong to (with a few exceptions, of course...some guys use distinctive stickers).
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2020
ISSA President 2011-2020
Posts: 4152
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:00 am
Location: Sweden, lives in France
Contact:

Re: Slalom Images

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:55 pm

OK, I think it would make sense to group them to diminish the number of photos we add to each topic, then we can add topics for each of these groups of photos. Once I've got them up I'll let you edit appropriate introductions to the posts so that we give credit where due.

I see this project as restoring historical information. It's a pity that SF didn't find another solution for archival of fairly short but intensively active period. Let's hope it makes sense republishing those photos here.

Cool!

/Jani

Doug Kadzban
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Slalom Images

Post by Doug Kadzban » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:20 am

Jani Soderhall wrote:OK, I think it would make sense to group them to diminish the number of photos we add to each topic, then we can add topics for each of these groups of photos. Once I've got them up I'll let you edit appropriate introductions to the posts so that we give credit where due.

I see this project as restoring historical information. It's a pity that SF didn't find another solution for archival of fairly short but intensively active period. Let's hope it makes sense republishing those photos here.

Cool!

/Jani
I just emailed a bunch of .zip files to your email address listed above. Hopefully everything works, and those that are interested can retrieve their old photos!
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!

Post Reply