International Skateboard Slalom Association

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Media and SlalomSkateboarder.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey Everybody

So I was brainstorming and I thinking about our homepage www.slalomskateboarder.com.

I believe that the ISSA should designate or have the Contest organizer designate an 'official videographer' to be at every prime status race and above. We don't want a half hour of footage of everyone's run. We want raw video that is about 5 minutes or less including the Men Pro round of 4 and the women's finals uploaded onto the website the day of the race.

How to do this?

We need a new template for slalomskateboarder.com. One that is easily updated with embedded video.

We need upload space for the designated videographer to send the raw footage.

We need someone to be able to download the video and edit it and update the template on Slalomskateboarder.com. We should use Vimeo or Youtube as the player.

Slalom skateboarding exists today because of the internet and the ability of people to find us here and for the first WLAC races and the Farm to organize back in 2001. The internet today is now full of media and we should too. People need to see slalom to understand it. We too can go viral and spread the stoke.

I can volunteer to do some of this. Is anyone else interesting in making this a priority for 2010?
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Karl,

I'm all for your idea. I think its a good one and encourage these types of submissions.

A couple of thoughts here - as a contest organizer, me appointing someone to be official videographer? Not sure that is going to happen. Usually I'm trying to get the timer to work, make sure the cones are counted and that racer Y has just finished changing his wheels or smoking pot and has finally mounted the platform.

Now if you want to volunteer for that position at the Sizzler and see how it works, cool!

The part about changing the website sounds complicated, but I'm an idiot. May I suggest that you upload to Youtube or Slalomspot and link to it from here. Lets see how it goes in baby steps and use your volunteerism in TX as a model.

The BOD has some major changes afoot, and then we'll be more inclined to address these types of needed improvements.

So in short, YES! Go for it. Lets see what happens.

Joe

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:03 am

Right On Klark. Borto is our official video guy. Even though Louis Richard to a killer vid. And that vid says it all. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjJ_Wb1gk0