Price money in AM class

International Skateboard Slalom Association

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Linus Ericsson

Price money in AM class

Post by Linus Ericsson » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:35 pm

I would suggest that ISSA recommend putting a stop to price money in competitions in the amateur class. The reason for this is that insurances normally exclude all activities in competitions where there is any kind of price money involved. This probably (and hopefully) something not very many have been concerned about, but if an accident occurs it could be an unpleasant surprise. I'm a bit older, have a family to support, and do a lot of off piste skiing etc, so I have checked my insurances thoroughly.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Re: Price money in AM class

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Linus Ericsson wrote:I would suggest that ISSA recommend putting a stop to price money in competitions in the amateur class. The reason for this is that insurances normally exclude all activities in competitions where there is any kind of price money involved. This probably (and hopefully) something not very many have been concerned about, but if an accident occurs it could be an unpleasant surprise. I'm a bit older, have a family to support, and do a lot of off piste skiing etc, so I have checked my insurances thoroughly.
From my part I have never heard of any AM class with price money.

What event are you talking about? Or is it just e general concern that there might me such an idea in the future?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Maybe it was in Mallorca 2013. I heard about it but can't recall the exact event - anyone can help us identify the event?

/Jani

Eduardo Garcia

Post by Eduardo Garcia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:39 pm

yes we do it last MSGP. Everybody was wery pleased with it.
[img]IMG00088-20120309-1204.jpg[/img]