rtx problem

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Seth Levy

rtx problem

Post by Seth Levy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:04 am

i just bought 2 rtx trucks and the pivot cups are too small for the housing. is this a common problem? The cups fit perfectly in my indys, but the tracker pivot housing looks a lot like the old aggro housing which used a larger cup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
seth

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:52 am

are you sure that you have rt-x baseplates and not rt-s ?

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:57 pm

yes.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:22 pm

Since no one else is answering this and it is overly obvious...I'll bite.

The Tracker RT-X has a straight pivot, just like and Indy (you can swap indy and RT-X hangers on either baseplate). The RT-S has a bent pivot, just like the old tracker gnarly pivots (you can kinda fit a gnarly pivot hanger on an RT-S baseplate, but it is nowhere near a "good" fit).

If you have a baseplate with the larger pivot but marked with the RT-X sticker on it it is a mistake. No matter what you do the RT-X hanger will not fit the RT-S baseplate and vis-versa.

I would suggest sending them back to where ever you bought them and getting a new set of RT-Xs.

Or since you are in DC e-mail Bozi for the parts....

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:49 am

wonderful. will i be able to even though i skated them in a pool? ill just slap some old indy plates in i guess... dont feel like dealing with the hassle of sending stuff back and forth. strapped for dollars as it is.

Eric Brammer

RTX pivots

Post by Eric Brammer » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:25 am

Seth, you can always talk directly to Tracker. Also, the pivots from Indy (and similar pivots) should fit moderately well. In my post on NCDSA, I assumed that your cups simply 'fell out', which they can do. The tape-on-the-bushing trick was a simple way to fill in that 1/2mm gap that is normal on these. If you've got a lot more slop, like 1-3 mm, then you've got the wrong pivot bushings (for what I can't guess?), but that should be something Tracker can send to you for cheap. I've even used Indy bases with RTX (and vice-versa) hangers without any ill effect. The RTX pivots, as I noted before, are harder, and less squishy/grippy, so that also contributes to the looser fit in the baseplate. Once they've been used awhile, the pivot bushings tend to settle in and don't come out easily.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:55 am

thanks for the tips!