Tracker sxtracks baseplate replacements ??

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Mike Lapsley

Tracker sxtracks baseplate replacements ??

Post by Mike Lapsley » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:17 am

I've got a vintage pair of sxtracks from the 80's w/ ultra light baseplates. The baseplates are warped, and one is broken across a mounting hole, so safe to say thier toast. The hangars are in great shape (one of the few pair I didn't grind on) and the kingpins ok, but could use replacing.

Question is, can I find any of the newer baseplates that will fit as replacements ? I don't mind going to the new hole pattern if I can get these mounted. I hate having to sell them as "vintage collectables", and would rather ride em. So does anyone know what if any baseplates will work with these before I go spending cabbage ? Thanks !

Eric Brammer

Tracker stuff

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:08 am

Mike, there's an oldschool site that may have replacement baseplates; Click copy+paste.

http://oldschoolskates.com/searchresult ... egoryID=31

Ask Ozzie about whether he's got the same Ultralight bases, or the older type (fit the same, but i'd go with the metal [Gnarly series] over the old Ultralight, which can warp). Let him know PSR sent ya!

Other bases that will fit; Re-issue Tracker bases (perfect fit, ask Tracker directly), B-2 bases (have short kingpins), StreetTrackerAggro bases (also short pins), Aggro Quicktrack bases (perfect fit, quicker steering), Dart bases, RTS bases (longer kingpin, quicker steering), and one non-Tracker base that's compatible is SGI/Madrid's Invader. So, you can Something that'll work, just beware of the longer kingpins (Grinding won't be fun unless you've got Copers), and the 'short' kingpins will probably limit steering a tad, and make bushing selection come from 'new-school' sized conical bushings, not fat oldschool barrel bushings.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Mike Lapsley

Post by Mike Lapsley » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:01 am

Eric dude you rock ! Just ordered the metal replacement baseplates from Ozzie. Minimum $25 order,........oh darn, guess I'll have to shop. :)

Found some other goodies to round it out ! (bushings, risers, triflow......)

Thanks again for putting me on to them.

Mike

Eric Brammer

Ozzie's world

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Mike, buy yourself a pair of either Aggros, or Motobuilts, while you're there!
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"