Tracker Dart geometry for a noob???

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Michael Dolson

Tracker Dart geometry for a noob???

Post by Michael Dolson » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:55 pm

I know it's not exactly slalom, but who would know more about truck geometry than slalom guys right? basically, I'm getting tracker 184 darts for my earthwing corchia slide deck, and I wanted to know what the turns would be like. I got some soft khiro bushings to make it carve-ish. (I'm used to sliding carving trucks, and I wanted to transition to traditional trucks). I also got some khiro 80a angled risers. How should I angle the trucks for maximum and minimum turning? wedge/ dewedge like the landyachtz drop deck? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:03 pm

just an FYI 184's are too wide for a Corchia though perfect for a Bigfoot if you want a corchia get 161mm Sixtracks
turns are fun....

Michael Dolson

not exactly

Post by Michael Dolson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:40 pm

If I were riding the corchia to do flip tricks, I would have gone with something shorter, but 184's are actually standard from most places. having wider trucks on a slide deck is smart because it keeps all four wheels on the ground. You're right though, I believe it was designed for 161's. I was more worried about the geometry. Thanks for the help. If I find they're too wide at least I know there will be an alternative. The bigfoot is made for Indy 219s by the way

Tony Peters

Re: not exactly

Post by Tony Peters » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Michael Dolson wrote:If I were riding the corchia to do flip tricks, I would have gone with something shorter, but 184's are actually standard from most places. having wider trucks on a slide deck is smart because it keeps all four wheels on the ground. You're right though, I believe it was designed for 161's. I was more worried about the geometry. Thanks for the help. If I find they're too wide at least I know there will be an alternative. The bigfoot is made for Indy 219s by the way

FYI...Indy/Tracker not the same measurements
actually Brian makes all his boards for Indy trucks...the most of the slide decks like the Drifters, the Corchia and the Superglider were made for Indy 169's(161mm), the Bigfoot and the Supercharger were made for Indy 215's which measure 183mm just like Tracker 184's, BTW Tracker 219s which measure 215.9mm are the widest mass produced cast trucks. I try to go sliding at least once a week and I don't know anyone who skates on +180mm trucks as a matter of fact most people from Earthwing including Jess (Corchia) skate Indy 169's or 149'.

Just one other FYI Earthwing Slide A's are about the same diameter and width as most pool/park wheels they are just harder
turns are fun....