deleted

Independent Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Barret Deck

Bradley Elfman

deleted

Post by Bradley Elfman » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by Bradley Elfman on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:26 am

try the "search" button. This has been discussed many MANY times on here and ncdsa....

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Well.....

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:51 am

I have never ridden one, but as an observant fellow I have noticed.....

Mollica, Mitchell, Carrasco, C-bark, Pirnack and more.....As in world champs, top five every time they are on a board, etc, etc, etc......All these boys run off-sets.

If you can watch some vid of these guys, check the triple pumps they can throw between cones with complete control. At the Farm the guys above, minus Carrasco as he was not there, were all throwing doubles and triples between cones where us mere mortals on Trackers were able to throw in one, maybe two or not at all. Where you may have trouble on the stingers at the end of a fast course, as I did at the Farm, these guys were dicing it like tomatoes headed for salsa.

Ability? Yeah sure, they each have it by the truckload. Could they run anything and go fast? Yep. But all of the top boys run off-sets. What's that tell you?

The only negative I have heard/read was from one fast mo' fo - Mike Maysey. He ran a Splitfire rear on GS because he felt he could not de-tune the off-set truck enough for GS. The translation here is that he could not make it tight enough for his GS taste. But then again that's Mike. Plenty of guys run off-sets in GS.

I am sure that Geezer-X would love to chime in too. From what I can gather he is not a big fan of the O set truck. So there you have it, complete ambiguity and two sidedness. The only thing I can tell you is that my first off-set is on it's way. It's an Indy, offset technology to get a read on things and a whole lot cheaper than Radikals.

Good luck.....
La Costa Boy For Life

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Actually...

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:18 am

Hi Marty, I second your opinion...However the Splitfire does the same as an offset because the axles are in-line with the kingpin (as with the Chindy Offset). I believe the term offset refers to the relationship between the axle and kingpin...but I may br wrong!

ps.Still have a copy (somewhere) of Skateboarder Mag with the Catalina Classic article with a pic of you charging down the hill in your G&S shirt! Way cool!

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Catalina

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:42 pm

Martin,

Believe it or not, I just rode the same board that I'm on in that shot at Tway's Farm Vintage race. Man I can't believe we used to go that fast on boards that tiny. It really felt weird having that springy flex under foot again.

And yes, Warren Bolster was a god......

Good luck with the Morro fund. I am eyeballing the TTC you just posted.
La Costa Boy For Life