Is the TTC still in the mix?

3TC, XTC, TTC Skateboard Trucks, custom axles, hangers and baseplates

Moderator: Eric Wallgren

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:42 pm

Turner Wheels has made available its new website.
Turner SummerSki has also published a site for its product.

Neither make mention of the TTC. Is it still available? Is there some sort of limbo where the truck is stuck between the two new companies? Or is it discontinued?

At first I really thought about contacting Peggy and Howard directly about this, but then decided against it. As anyone else who goes to both sites will realize, a big piece of the Turner product line is missing. I'm sure this is a question that will pop up a quite a bit on the next week or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-03-01 12:43 ]</font>

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:52 pm

Wesley - Howard explained what is going to happen with this truck last week I think, I can't remember what site though.

Basically it won't be made anymore...there are other options out there that weren't around when the TTC was first made. Cost is prohibited...blah blah blah.

If anyone made it though it would be 3DM sport and not Turner Summerski.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:12 pm

Chris,

I must have missed it. Ever since the announcement last week, I've made it a point to go beyond my normal "slalom-Mike Maysey" rounds on NCDSA. Just to keep up with whatever questions and answers might pop up, I've been reading trucks, wheels, bearings (I occasionally forget Turner had a brand named bearing out there,) Vendors and ever Arab's Gong Show. Of course, I scann all the forums and topics here on SS.com. No telling where some interesting tid bit might pop up. Until today, though, with the revised web site I had no idea the TTC was ending its run.

Thanks for the update.

Oh, one other interesting point: it looks as though the $1.00 per cone price for Turner Cones is no longer a "sale" price. It appears 3DM has lowered the price for the cones permanently. This might be a mistake on my part, but I couldn't find the word "sale" attached to the cones anywhere.

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:00 pm

Correct - I'm leaving the cone price at $1 as long as stock remains (I still have a few thousand). Don't know whether I'll do another run - the first run was 20,000 cones, and they've taken a while to move.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:55 pm

That's a good deal!