Retro Flattie

Ick Slalom Boards

Moderator: Rick Howell

Paul Pellerin

Retro Flattie

Post by Paul Pellerin » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:54 am

Has anyone ridden this board? Please provide your comments.

Thank you.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:51 pm

Paul,

Lots of people. I've had one since 1991 (maybe it's not "retro?") Charlie Ransom rode one to the 2002 World Giant Slalom Championships at Avila Beach. i know that up near you Henry Julier has one in Connecticut. I'm not sure who else in the Northeast has one. Maybe Mike Ohm, but I can't remember exactly if he does or not.

Mine is a little shorter than the model available now, but it's stable, responsive, stiff without being rock hard (even with that thick wood core it does have some flex appeal) and it's tough as nails.

I wasn't planning on bringing mine, but if you're coming to Da' Farm next week I'll throw it in the truck. I'll just warn you that there is nothing exotic about my set up: Indy 109s front and back and some gray Avalons.

Paul Pellerin

Retro Flattie

Post by Paul Pellerin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:39 pm

Thanks Wes.

I don't have the board yet. It should arrive today along with a Roe Bonita - Foam Core.
I will test them out this weekend.

The board I'm looking at is a Retro, as it was made in 2003. I was thinking about using it for the G/S at the Farm. I'v been slaloming for less than a year, so stableness at this point is more of a concern than flex. Sounds like this might be the right board at the right time.

Bring your board if you can.

Paul