Something is in the air . . . AND ON THE GROUND!

Ick Slalom Boards

Moderator: Rick Howell

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Something is in the air . . . AND ON THE GROUND!

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:05 pm

. . . or at least on the UPS truck!

The operating room is ready with all the implements and appliances at the ready.

The Doctor will perform the surgery as soon as the patient arrives!

Stay tuned for updates.
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:55 pm

hey Wes, are those Splitfires on Randal DH plates? I haven't seen that, makes sense though.
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Ron Barbagallo wrote:hey Wes, are those Splitfires on Randal DH plates? I haven't seen that, makes sense though.
Ohh Yeahhhh, for the rear. Wes is all about the....

nevermind, too easy

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:55 pm

Ron Barbagallo wrote:hey Wes, are those Splitfires on Randal DH plates? I haven't seen that, makes sense though.
Yes. Ordered them in early August.

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:46 pm

The new R3 bearing splits are coming with Ultra Blues @ 50* pretty sure. Mine did. I have two Randals @ 60* but didn't use them when I saw the UB's.

Wes, you are so goofy man - like a kid waiting for his new bike! You are a man of your word though.."...I'm not building my boards until I have everything I ordered as planned...". I recall you saying that, or something like that in LongMont. Stay hip,
SL
LAVIN

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:17 pm

really??! Thats pretty much all I've seen up here.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:05 pm

the last three orders we got had regular Randall bases, well except for the RTS ones
Evil Potentate

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:22 am

First of all let me say that when it comes to skateboards I am an obsessive-compulsive pig. I always know exactly what I want and I wait as long as necessary to get exactly what I want. Plus, when I order new Icks I invariably always get gluttonous and get two: one with a medium flex and the other firm.

So I got two new 37" Ick Swallowtails. They are sweet.

The set up is pretty straightforward but very responsive. The British Racing Green Medium has Rads in the front with 1/2 axles and a 107 Split in the back spaced to match the Rad. The California Gold Firm has Rads with 3/8" axles and a 107 Split to match. I set them up with shaved Avalons all the way around.

I've wanted these sweet things ever since I saw Rick's prototype in the Ick tent at Morro Bay in 2002 and once I get an obsession, it usually doesn't subside til it's satisfied. These lovelies satisfy EVERYTHING!

Oh, I also got a new 34" Flattie:

Yes, it's what it looks like: a 6-wheeler. I told Rick a couple of months ago while he was finishing up the 37s that I wanted to do an exotic and unique 6-wheeler just for the hell of it. So I ordered his flattie as STIFF as he could get it. Then I put two Splits on the back and a Rad in the front again with shaved Avalons. Of course, living where I do I haven't had a chance to really stretch it out at speed on a big hill, but I've cruised some grades and found it as fun as I had hoped.

I hope I got the risers right for the inner truck. It has just a bit of space between the wheel and surface but makes a complete contact when standing on the board. What I don't know yet it what it will do at speed in a turn:

I really don't want to get into the 6-wheel debate. Whether it's legitimate, an aberration or the the shape of things to come doesn't interest me. It's just fun to ride. If it becomes the norm in downhill GS, fine - i've got one to race. If not, then it's like an ExSkate: just fun to cruise. Either way, I got one and I like it.

Y'all be cool.
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:32 am

Rick is the master.i love listening to him and his stories.He imparts a lot of good info.Thanks for the pics Wes.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:38 am

N I C E

SL
LAVIN

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Wow Wes - those are sweet! I looooove that 6 - very cool
Evil Potentate

Jim Weatherwax
WAX

Post by Jim Weatherwax » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:53 pm

to get splits on the 35 degree plates just order gen 3 as rear trucks....