Quebec Ramp

Starting Line (Ramp)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Henry Hester

Eric Brassard

Quebec Ramp

Post by Eric Brassard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:03 pm

I everybody This is my starting ramp it's completely dismantled and i can put the ramp inside my Toyota Sienna. And i can built-it in 10 minutes.

Image[/img][/img]
Last edited by Eric Brassard on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:36 pm

hey thats really cool! What materials did you use?

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Nice!

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:57 pm

Nice Work Eric!

How High and what trany are you using?I've been thinking about re-doing the ones for The Dovercourt Open this year.
Many Happy Pumps!

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:10 pm

I Claude , I am very happy to talk to you.The hight is 36 inches but you can reverse the trestle and you have a 44 inches ramp.The top trany is 60 inch and down is arond 72 inches.

The platform have 36 inches by 48 inches. I made the frame whit 2X6 and the top 5/8 veneer.In the back of the platform it have a skateboard stop ( in red on the picture)is made whit 2x3 and i cut 1/4 of the piece.

The escalator is made whit 2x6 and fix it whit the door hinge.

The trestle is made 2 x4 .The front trestle is double (check the picture) The cossing is made whit the électrique tubing 1/2.

The trany frame is made 2 x 10 for side and 2x3 for back. The roll surface is made whit 3/8 veneer. All the top roll surface is made whit masonice. I renforce the top down of the trany whit a métal plate.

All wood is fixe whit screws 1 1/2 and 3 inches.

If you need some more information just ask me or you you can talk whit Pierre Gravel he try it last fall.

The Québec crew hope you can go to ride whit us this spring.

Eric Brassard

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:21 pm

Eric, the ramp in your post is very cool. Is there a specification that most competitions use (I'm new back to the sport)? Just curious if I was to build one or two I would want to match them as closely to AM or PRO spec as possible. Thanks for sharing all the info!
LAVIN

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:48 am

I Stephen, they have not really rules whit the starting ramp. Some compétition use the push start.But whit this ramp the big utility is it complete dismantle and the weight is for all parts 200 pounds.If you need the computering sketch just ask me.

Eric Brassard

Eric Brassard

Re: Quebec Ramp

Post by Eric Brassard » Tue May 02, 2006 2:03 am

Eric Brassard wrote:I everybody This is my starting ramp it's completely dismantled and i can put the ramp inside my Toyota Sienna. And i can built-it in 10 minutes.

Image[/img][/img]

[/img]Image

Eric Brassard

It's Twin!!!!

Post by Eric Brassard » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:55 pm

Eric Brassard

Eric Brassard

It' s twin 2

Post by Eric Brassard » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:09 pm

Eric Brassard

IT's a twins

Post by Eric Brassard » Tue May 22, 2007 5:50 pm

Yeah Guy The Québec Ramp make a Baby IT'S TWINS!!!!!!!!

Eric Brassard

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue May 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Hey Rick,

While I'm certainly not the fastest, I have been around a bit. Your ramps are a pleasure to ride, and provide an excellent opportunity to pump off the ramp.

I'd encourage anyone looking to build a ramp for practice or race day to give Rick a shout. In addition to the experience the ramps provide skate wise, they go up and tear down fast, and amazingly pack up in a mini van.

Nice going Rick.

Joe

Eric Brammer

Race Ramps

Post by Eric Brammer » Wed May 23, 2007 7:18 am

As someone who's been building various skateramps for 30+ years, I gotta say, that Mr Brassard's Race Ramps look to be very nicely done! Well thought out in use of the wood, curves, structuring, and they even (remember, most things that're 'well made' are rarely pleasing to the eye!) look pretty cool! They fit in a minivan,Eh? That means I can get 2 into the Saab! ;-) Or, I'll just baby the wife's Windstar for another 200K miles (yeah, right..)
In any case, nice work!! I'd be hard pressed to top that, and lucky if I could copy it correctly. Now, where'd I leave my saw??
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Eric Brassard

Québec Ramp

Post by Eric Brassard » Wed May 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Thank's Guys, I appreciate your comment. I'm Happy and honored,if i can do something more for the sport just ask me. I think it's a good idea if everybody have the same starting ramp. When the racer will arriving at the course anyone is penalyse.I have a digital plan and i can help everybody by E-mail for construction and how to do it.

P.S Eric the Winstar is a litle bit larger than the sienna and you saw is at your neighbor. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!

Eric Brassard ( Rick)

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:43 pm

Québec Ramps at the top Challenge 2007

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:39 pm

Québec Ramps at the fortress outlaw..

Rick

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Québec Ramps at Berlin NH

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:13 pm

Tim did a great job building them exactly like yours Éric.
I felt right at home!
Ride more, post less.

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 pm

HI, I have a new plan version of my québec Starting Ramp. If somebody need it just ask me .....it's Free.

Eric

KEN DELANEY

New Quebec Starting Ramp Plans

Post by KEN DELANEY » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Eric, I would be interested in seeing your new plans. We may or may not be having a single lane hybrid race on the JFX in Baltimore as part of the Jones Falls Celebration this September. They invited us to do one last year but the festival didn't happen due to lack of a title sponsor. Either way I would like to build a starting ramp and like your approach.

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Eric I would also be interested in seeing your plans for some races I am going to do here in Virginia. You can email me at thedr@drnoracing.com

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:07 pm

You can download the plans for Éric Brassard's "Québec Ramp" in PDF.

I'm using the new acrobat.com sharing, (still in beta) hope this works for you:

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document. ... a6ed53ce54
Ride more, post less.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Eric,

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion?

I looked at the PDF plans for the first time and found them an excellent design. Just one idea, though. When I built my ramps I used 2x2s as the cross pieces supporting the "S" ramp. It sounds like a small change but the real advantage is it makes the component much lighter and there's no loss of strength. I assembled mine by using three wood screws across each 2x2 cross piece and it's firm as a rock.

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Wesley Tucker wrote:Eric,

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion?

I looked at the PDF plans for the first time and found them an excellent design. Just one idea, though. When I built my ramps I used 2x2s as the cross pieces supporting the "S" ramp. It sounds like a small change but the real advantage is it makes the component much lighter and there's no loss of strength. I assembled mine by using three wood screws across each 2x2 cross piece and it's firm as a rock.
But did Mig try it?

The plan is there as a guide, i made the drawing according to Ricks specs but like with a good receipe book, you can make it your own by changing a few things.
Ride more, post less.

willy demis

Post by willy demis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:58 am

This is a great design! I've made my version of it- thanks for posting the plans!

I didn't have any still photos of it (completed anyway) so here is a youtube video of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSNqKsNgAnE

Enjoy. And thanks again!

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Wow pretty cool Willy, they are exactly like the originals!
Ride more, post less.

willy demis

Post by willy demis » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks- I am very happy with how it turned out. Some very minor modifications from the original, though:

1) I used many more 2x4 supports on the platform section than the plan called for (I think I used 7 as opposed to 3)
2) The platform legs are the same width as the platform itself. This is a deviation from the plan. Technically, it happened this way because I wasn't thinking, but turned out pretty nice regardless. I can bolt the legs to the platform with 5" bolts.
3) I used black pipe (and fittings) for the handles. This is fairly costly because black pipe fittings are not cheap, but it is very rigid.

A side note for anyone else in the States that wants to build one- Lowes sells 5mm plywood. It is 3 ply and VERY easy to bend on the transitions. No cracking or anything... 2 layers of 5mm plywood plus 1 layer of 3/16" hardboard is exactly the same width as one layer of 15/32" plywood and 1 layer of 1/8" hardboard. This is how I sheathed my ramp. (5mm + 5mm + 3/16" hardwood for the transition; and 15/32" + 1/8" hardwood for the platform)

I also used 23/32" plywood for the transition sides (rather than 2x10s). It is plenty strong and I weigh 280 pounds. It gives NO indication of flexing with me on it...

Thanks again, Eric, for the fantastic design!

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi everybody, I know many people build the Québec Ramp years after years....please send a picture and where is the ramp is locate. I want to know the look and the modification (amélioration) you do.
Thank's

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:49 pm

The link to the plan was not valid anymore, here is a new functional link to get the plan for Éric's Québec Ramp in PDF:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XquH ... lxQWFLY3M/
Ride more, post less.