Push Start

Starting Line (Ramp)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Henry Hester

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Push Start Dual

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:51 pm

So I was wondering, why do people seem to look down on push start dual. I understand that having ramps are important in making an event look professional and are the standard today in most races. Personally I love racing someone into the course, the sprint before the course is just as fun as pumping through the cones. Why do the racers have to hit the course at the same speed, if they start from the same place and the speed is self generated it's just as fair.

Unfortunately the space I am using for my race in May only has room for single lane, but otherwise I would deffinately run unlimited push start head to head into tight gates.

'unlimited push start head to head into tight gates' just curious am I the only one who wishes this was what slalom were.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

We use push start all the time

Post by Pat Chewning » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:12 am

Most of our races (CSA: Oregon and Washington) are push start. Getting ramps to the races and setting them up is usually too much of a hassle. We sometimes limit the amount of distance for the push start....

It works just fine, the fastest racers are faster regardless of push or ramp starts. We do have some people who prefer one over the other. Some people are intimidated by the ramps. Some people prefer them because they are assured of foot placement before starting into the course.

-- Pat