Trak Mate Update 2005

Timing System

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Trak Mate Update 2005

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:10 pm

I just spoke with Daniel at Trak Mate. He is SOLD OUT of the current version of the box (I believe it's version 4.0.1 or something like that.) It does not sound like he's going to make another run of the current box.

HOWEVER,

He's redesigning the Trak Mate and will decide in the next few weeks about making a NEW TRAK MATE:

1. He's eliminating the RJ-6 connections.
2. He's incorporating a SERIAL PORT connection
3. He's adding TWO DB9 connections
4. He's adding a new button to the front for whatever reason. (The front will now have three buttons.)
5. He's adding an EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY to eliminate the internal 9-volt battery.
6. He's working on an INEXPENSIVE START TREE (like drag racing) that will connect to the box. (Yellow-Yellow-Yellow-GREEN - and a RED for a FALSE START.)

NONE OF THIS IS DEFINITE. I asked him about cost for the new box and he reported that HE HOPES it will stay in the same price range ($150.) Nothing definite. I asked about DIRECT CONNECTIVITY to a laptop. He said he could not guarantee that he would write any code to do it, but would be glad to assist someone who wants to take the plunge.

So, if you want a box NOW, it ain't happening. If you want to wait a few weeks for an announcement about the new and improved box, then it sounds like he's got something really good coming along.

I'm already paid, so if he does this thing I'm getting one as soon as it comes out of the shop. If he doesn't, then he tears up the credit card number and I look for something used.
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Re: Trak Mate Update

Post by Pat Chewning » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:49 am

Wesley Tucker wrote:2. He's incorporating a SERIAL PORT connection

I asked about DIRECT CONNECTIVITY to a laptop. He said he could not guarantee that he would write any code to do it, but would be glad to assist someone who wants to take the plunge.
When this is available, whoever gets one should contact me and I'll give it a try to get Chronocone to connect to Trakmate and download the results into the spreadsheet. It was relatively easy to get Chronocone to output data via serial port to an LED display board. If there is any documentation at all about the Trakmate serial port, and how to get the data out, then this should be pretty easy.

-- Pat

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:56 pm

Well, I await with anticipation. Dan at Trak Mate FINALLY after four months billed my Master Card for my new Trak Mate box. I am assuming the good news is that it's on its way to my house.

Dan told me in December the new box with the different inputs and such would run about $200. My credit card shows he got $219.00 American. Since I have no clue how the USD relates to the Canadian, I figure he got the price about right when adding shipping.